General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Sat 26-Aug-17 07:50:37
Print Post

plusnet

[link to this post]

Looks like Plusnet have taken away live Chat , which for some disabled customers is the best way to communicate frown
forum

they said it was stopped to allow more staff to answer phones ? and they didnt even tell customers it was removed , with no date or if it will be reinstated
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Aug-17 10:05:51
Print Post

Re: plusnet

[re: sneekyhen] [link to this post]

I am not sure that Plusnet said that although a number of posters on their forum suggested it
Either way it is not a good idea as it is a major restriction even for us non disabled who don't want to hang on the phone for ages
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Aug-17 10:26:41
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oldjim:
I am not sure that Plusnet said that although a number of posters on their forum suggested it
Either way it is not a good idea as it is a major restriction even for us non disabled who don't want to hang on the phone for ages

Some of us have Telephonophobia, so that's PN ruled out for good for me personally.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Aug-17 18:13:22
Print Post

[re: sneekyhen] [link to this post]

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&%3fhelphea...

Click on the Announcements tab and you will see this:-

Live Chat – reduced opening hours

29/08/2017 @ 17:34

As you’ll be aware, our Live Chat facility has been unavailable for a number of days. We’re really pleased to confirm we’ll be switching this back on but for reduced opening hours. Chat will be available 12-4 Wed/Thu/Fri this week but with no availability on weekends. We’ll be reviewing performance to make a decision on Thursday and will communicate that decision later this week.

We apologise for the continued degraded service and assure you we’re working incredibly hard to get this back up & running ASAP.

For customers who struggle to use the phone, we have Next Generation Text Relay services available – please visit https://www.plus.net/help/legal/support-for-customer... for more information.

Kind Regards,

Plusnet Support

plusnet user
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 29-Aug-17 21:54:27
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I left, a fair while ago now, although my broadband was reliable enough not to need to contact Plusnet Help.

My reasons?

The changes that made raising tickets almost impossible and four-year atrocious phone Help-Line wait times culminating in the Plusnet preference for Twitter or online Chat for all queries (along with removal of 24-hour phone help) made me very worried about what would happen if I needed urgent help from someone with a brain that company policy allowed them to use. (As in the very obvious down-grading that happened around that time of the brilliant reps on the Community forum - they ceased to be able to make things happen).

Every time I pick up on a problem, (and look deeper), I see:-

"Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose".

Except it isn't frown. It continues to get worse. That can only mean it is company policy not to waste money on customer support.

I think it may be the "chickens coming home to roost" time. When hugely expensive television advertising is not keeping the customer acquisition rate up with the attrition rate (churn has gone negative).

Once the market is saturated, retention becomes cheaper than replacement. I wonder how long it will be before BT Group management realise the brief they gave the Plusnet CEO is no longer appropriate.

Or will they just blame and replace him frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 72213/12265Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 30-Aug-17 10:36:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I assume that like those CEOs before him he will decide to leave Plusnet to pursue other opportunities within the BT Group in the not too distant future tongue

(Edit:- typo)

plusnet user

Edited by Apprentice (Wed 30-Aug-17 13:50:15)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 30-Aug-17 22:03:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I left, a fair while ago now, although my broadband was reliable enough not to need to contact Plusnet Help.

My reasons?

The changes that made raising tickets almost impossible and four-year atrocious phone Help-Line wait times culminating in the Plusnet preference for Twitter or online Chat for all queries (along with removal of 24-hour phone help) made me very worried about what would happen if I needed urgent help from someone with a brain that company policy allowed them to use. (As in the very obvious down-grading that happened around that time of the brilliant reps on the Community forum - they ceased to be able to make things happen).

Every time I pick up on a problem, (and look deeper), I see:-

"Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose".

Except it isn't frown. It continues to get worse. That can only mean it is company policy not to waste money on customer support.

I think it may be the "chickens coming home to roost" time. When hugely expensive television advertising is not keeping the customer acquisition rate up with the attrition rate (churn has gone negative).

Once the market is saturated, retention becomes cheaper than replacement. I wonder how long it will be before BT Group management realise the brief they gave the Plusnet CEO is no longer appropriate.

Or will they just blame and replace him frown.

Aye - not what it was - in my time it was a place to be proud to work for - When BT took over, that was game over.
Standard User Oldjim
(knowledge is power) Thu 31-Aug-17 07:40:11
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

You have a selective memory
Just before BT took over Plusnet went totally down thee pan due to no investment in order to maximise profits
I remember very clearly the many complaints at that time
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 31-Aug-17 18:19:15
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oldjim:
You have a selective memory
Just before BT took over Plusnet went totally down thee pan due to no investment in order to maximise profits
I remember very clearly the many complaints at that time

I was not aware of that - all I can remember is nothing seemed to be wrong at the coal face, mind you it was not our place to know.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 31-Aug-17 19:56:23
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&%3fhelphea...

Click on the Announcements tab and you will see this:-

Live Chat – reduced opening hours

29/08/2017 @ 17:34

As you’ll be aware, our Live Chat facility has been unavailable for a number of days. We’re really pleased to confirm we’ll be switching this back on but for reduced opening hours. Chat will be available 12-4 Wed/Thu/Fri this week but with no availability on weekends. We’ll be reviewing performance to make a decision on Thursday and will communicate that decision later this week.

We apologise for the continued degraded service and assure you we’re working incredibly hard to get this back up & running ASAP.

For customers who struggle to use the phone, we have Next Generation Text Relay services available – please visit https://www.plus.net/help/legal/support-for-customer... for more information.

Kind Regards,

Plusnet Support

Really baffles me they ditched the ticket system, the ticket system had no requirement for them to have it manned 24/7 but still allowed users to submit them around the clock. Good for both parties.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to