General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Sep-17 09:40:55
Print Post

Re: plusnet

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I last used the PN online ticket/question system towards the end of April with regard to the 29th June 2017 price increases and got a reply the same afternoon 2 hours and 18 minutes later ooo smile

plusnet user
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 01-Sep-17 19:20:31
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

said it very well.

Standard User 69bertie
(member) Sat 02-Sep-17 09:04:39
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I too didn't have any issues with the ticketing system when I had a fault end of May (speed dropped below min handback). Kept informed by phone and email, even emailed a copy of the test results, both current and end of fix.

Complaints? None from me. The process was fairly quick and did the job.

Only thing I would say is that some people don't always help themselves. Even today on Plusnet's forum there is someone having problems and he/she quite openly admits to carrying out only a part of the asked for tests; go figure. Why bother asking for help!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Sep-17 11:03:46
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oldjim:
You have a selective memory
Just before BT took over Plusnet went totally down thee pan due to no investment in order to maximise profits
I remember very clearly the many complaints at that time

I was with Metronet at the time and i had an email to say plusnet was buying Metronet, there was no way I wanted to go with Plusnet because all of the problems it had and their traffic management was awful, so I changed to AOL.

I was not with them for long as they could only provide me with 500Kb/s, so I went to ADSL24, then left them after a couple of years for a local Wireless provider, which started off well and then went downhill and since FTTC was available here i decided to go with Plusnet who by that time had been taken over by BT and I knew a couple of people who was with them and their service was ok.

As for reducing the chat hours if it means reducing the wait times when phoning them then so be it, as waiting for 30 mins or more is not fun. Saying that it is only in the last month or so that I had to contact them for a fault apart from when I first went with them and both of the faults was a BT OR network problem and not a problem with Plusnet.

While things was a bit slow to start with getting BTOR to have a look, it is now kind of sorted, I am back online, but the problem is still there, but not affecting me now that I have a different router.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 10 pro, reluctantly, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 30-Sep-17 21:59:25
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oldjim:
You have a selective memory
Just before BT took over Plusnet went totally down thee pan due to no investment in order to maximise profits
I remember very clearly the many complaints at that time

Well, As someone who sat there during the briefing, I disagree
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Oct-17 08:47:15
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Took you a long time to come up with that answer!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Oct-17 12:25:57
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Took you a long time to come up with that answer!

Yes - because I haven't been here for ages, sorry about that!
Standard User bccowell
(newbie) Wed 11-Oct-17 21:49:29
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Iíve been with PlusNet for 15 years. I was looking for an ISP that could match the Call options or come close. In the end I rang them up to say I was leaving unless they had Ďan offerí. Told them I wanted FTP, they told me it wasnít possible (I'm in the sticks) and offered an upgrade to Fibre Extra and knocked a few quid off the deal.
The problem is when I compare their overall package to say Zenís offer itís 1/3 less (£20). So I agreed, got talked into 24 months. On reflection I decided 12 months, took me close on 45 minutes of fruitless call waiting to fix it. The CRM is just so bad, but they donít care. Next September I will go through this again, but I use my own fast Modem/router and I know my way round it all plus Iím installing a USB SIM card as winter is coming: NB ďYou get what you pay forĒ. Told them that they will lose a lot of biz to Big Brother aka BT as it offers the Hot Spots which Iím ****** if Iím paying for. Hear their support is worse. BC
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 15-Oct-17 20:31:53
Print Post

[re: bccowell] [link to this post]

I migrated to them a few days ago - It's the same performance I had with BT inifnity so far. £29,99 can't be bad for 80/20
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to