General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Fri 15-Dec-17 00:02:41
Print Post

Re: Origin Broadband Latency & Packet Loss

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

To update my previous complaint, I received an e-mail from Origin Support on 08/12/17 which included

"We have had confirmation from our network engineers that the fault impacting your service has now been resolved.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, and we thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we resolved this matter."

I've been monitoring since then and have not seen any of the previous drops in performance during the evening and weekend periods. Fingers crossed that the problem really is resolved.
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Mon 08-Jan-18 01:03:10
Print Post

Now reverted to the slow downloads and high pings. After I complained on 01/01/18 I was sent a new password and asked to reconnect but it has made no difference to the abysmal performance at the congested times of day.

Mr. Saffron will be able to see the congestion issues every evening on the BQM.
Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Mon 08-Jan-18 19:25:12
Print Post

Are you able to jump ship?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Tue 09-Jan-18 01:18:50
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

I'm waiting for a response from the CEO about leaving without penalty as I've still got about 9 months of an 18 month deal to run. I'll update when/if I get a response - and if a response isn't forthcoming we'll have to go through the whole formal complaint rigmarole.
Standard User adrenalize_
(newbie) Tue 09-Jan-18 08:20:24
Print Post

Hope it goes well, my Origin (Vodafone resold) is similarly poor but just about bearable until the end of contract.

Do keep an eye on your bills if you are on supersaver - they suddenly started charging me despite being on supersaver.

Not sure if he's still there but "Jay" seemed to be the customer service manager and seemed to be the only one that can get things moving.

Will be voting with my feet!
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Tue 09-Jan-18 21:14:43
Print Post

[re: adrenalize_] [link to this post]

Ah, the unexplained mysteries of life. We had an internet drop out at about 02:45 this morning. The router remained connected and was reporting SNR, sync and max attainable speeds but we had no internet access right through the night. We noticed this morning and re-booted the router. This regained connection on a different IP with a marginal drop in sync speed. This evening the connection has been rock-solid with only a marginal speed drop and apart from one spike of packet loss no signs of congestion on the BQM.

No idea whether we are on a different backhaul or whether there has been any work done on the network to take out the congestion but for today at least no complaints about the connection.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 09-Jan-18 21:36:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by GonePostal:
Ah, the unexplained mysteries of life.
What is life? smile wink

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 74496/13801Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Jan-18 16:33:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
What is life? smile wink

The bit between birth and death?

John Lewis Broadband
Standard User GonePostal
(regular) Wed 10-Jan-18 21:59:51
Print Post

And then another internet drop-out from 23:45 last night until 00:15 this morning, reconnection on a new IP then a silent reconnection sometime between 11:45 and 20:00 today with yet another IP.

The result; pings all over the place (about 3 times as long as usual on the Origin Broadband speedtest) but the achieved download speed hasn't dropped as much as previously. The new BQM I've set up since I found the silent reconnection is once again showing all the signs of congestion.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 11-Jan-18 08:52:15
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Apprentice:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
What is life? smile wink

The bit between birth and death?
I was watching a programme recently where they quoted someone. They were talking about the fact that on gravestones it could state "Here lies Mr Smith, 20 January 1945 - 15 June 2017" - the quote is that "life is the dash between birth and death" - seemed quite apt to me.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to