General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Dec-17 12:39:28
Print Post

Re: TalkTalkBusiness taking forever to fix a fault

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
As it will be a like for like service and Cloudscape will save as money, there seems little point in pulling the plug on this migration.

I wouldn't be so sure. Have a look at this recent thread, where severe peak time congestion issues on Cloudscape are being reported. TT/TTB, for all their faults, operate a rock solid network. I really hope you don't regret your move to Cloudscape...

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/4574904-under...

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sat 16-Dec-17 13:20:05
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
As it will be a like for like service and Cloudscape will save as money, there seems little point in pulling the plug on this migration.

I wouldn't be so sure. Have a look at this recent thread, where severe peak time congestion issues on Cloudscape are being reported. TT/TTB, for all their faults, operate a rock solid network. I really hope you don't regret your move to Cloudscape...

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/4574904-under...

O dear,need to go into a dark room and have a lie down! It might be possible to pull the plug on the migration, I just do not know at this stage. On the other hand are Cloudscape's issues a blip or more of a persistent nature? For the last three weeks, TalkTalk hasn't excactly done us proud with their "rock solid network".

A small player in the market place doesn't always mean a sub-standard service either

Difficult one this and something that many TTB readers don't seem to get right judging by the number of ISPs they have been with.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 16-Dec-17 13:34:20
Print Post

A routing problem in the TT network caused by Visihost fixing a problem router of their own was not picked up, and was wrongly handled by first-line support.

I wouldn't call that a migration-forcing issue as long as similar does not occur regularly. (I agree that as it looked as though TTB weren't going to fix it, migration was the best course in your case).

The alternative being a relative unknown that may be fine in principle but perhaps needs to scale up a bit before it is suitable for a critical business connection.

As for the migration, you can stop it by simply telling Cloudscape you no longer wish to proceed. (Ofcom General Conditions Section 22). Though if it is the last day before migration it might be difficult as the instruction may not reach Openreach in time.

Only if Cloudscape refuse can you then contact TTB and get them to cancel the migration for you. They are forbidden from cancelling it unless and until the gaining provider refuses to.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 74145/13476Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 16-Dec-17 13:35:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 16-Dec-17 13:46:57
Print Post

Look on the bright side, their offices are really handy for the http://www.retrocomputermuseum.co.uk/
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Sat 16-Dec-17 13:58:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
A routing problem in the TT network caused by Visihost fixing a problem router of their own was not picked up, and was wrongly handled by first-line support.

I wouldn't call that a migration-forcing issue as long as similar does not occur regularly. (I agree that as it looked as though TTB weren't going to fix it, migration was the best course in your case).

The alternative being a relative unknown that may be fine in principle but perhaps needs to scale up a bit before it is suitable for a critical business connection.

As for the migration, you can stop it by simply telling Cloudscape you no longer wish to proceed. (Ofcom General Conditions Section 22). Though if it is the last day before migration it might be difficult as the instruction may not reach Openreach in time.

Only if Cloudscape refuse can you then contact TTB and get them to cancel the migration for you. They are forbidden from cancelling it unless and until the gaining provider refuses to.

Thank you for your observations. It is most useful for the decision making process. Probably have to kiss bye bye to the upfront connection charge paid to Cloudscape by not migrating.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 16-Dec-17 15:59:09
Print Post

Thank you for your observations. It is most useful for the decision making process. Probably have to kiss bye bye to the upfront connection charge paid to Cloudscape by not migrating.
It's debatable whether or not a upfront connection charge is refundable or not.
Customerís termination rights

22.5 When the Customer enters into a contract for the provision of Communications Services, the Gaining Provider must allow the Customer to terminate the contract from the point of sale to the completion of the Transfer Period without charge or any other form of compensation being required to be given by the Customer to the Gaining Provider.
GC 22.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 74145/13476Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to