General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Tue 30-Jan-18 10:50:33
Print Post

Virgin media goodbye

[link to this post]

My longterm isp VM .words that come to mind when i think of VM. Careless DISHONEST, shambles unscrupulous ,selfserving dishonest. Shocking DISHONEST , waste of valuable time, let down over &over Disappointment bellitling bullying Is this what you want from your isp as i feel they should include these words in there awfull be advert but it will apeal to a lot sadly i fell for the sales years ago
You get my point i am 55 i had first computors , games ,i was a sound enginier which is my core passion i know enough about IT data & networks systems.yet im treated like you will be,an Idiot. I can garentee this for you, they fail me on my own security qustions all time.
I monitor my line quality with CQM i have paid for monitoring service DSLRrepodts ive run smoke ping
Over last two months i have my analysis & conclusion i have the data . I e been sent newSH2ac no difference in fact worse back to VmSh2 ok. Ok i have packet loss masive AVGE. and of chart spikes latency all the stuff we dont want right, i have exact date it started since asking for help over last month its been HELL treated like moron, all disjointed customer service. India and who knows were “long short” i have said goodbye .oh no dont go failed to call me 4 times now. from retention & port forwarding team This week They have cut my BRoad bandOF saying its a new fault Coincidence that.5 years hapoend twice and to all neighbors ive checked with 6 neighbors all “good .
Arfter i spoke to a very conseated arogent young ape in retentions ive had enough of being let down by Vm i want to give 30 day notice , i quoate “i can cut you of now! If you want, later that evening i8oclock
I was cut of no commuinicatins bb well thats a strage coincidence and the odds of that when looking at my isp contract with me are same as lottery CHOOSE QUALITY if you can i must have lost more days wages waiting in and years of life from the stress than ive saved i get galf the bandwidth promised on the most incositent line ever I pay £22 a month for 100-5mbs yeah i have good price but its at a HIGH COST. So if you would like the same call VM & sine up
Im of to pay anoter £10 a month for less strees we cant always afford this, i will also lose my 6 monts upfront line rental i prepaid but i litterally dont mind my experince of VM CUSTOMER SERVICE been such an insult
Thanks for reading my bitter post be wise and inform yourself before sighning up
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jan-18 12:45:14
Print Post

Re: Virgin media goodbye

[re: dcm12] [link to this post]

Don't have a clue as to what this was about!

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Tue 30-Jan-18 12:59:51
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

I think a simple answer would be that he felt like he didn't get the service he was paying for. So he thought it would be a good idea to have a rant about it I guess?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Jan-18 15:50:24
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

Did the hideous punctuation and bad* lay out help in getting his point across too ?

*{typo corrected, intent left unaltered}

Edited by Zarjaz (Tue 30-Jan-18 20:32:42)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 30-Jan-18 15:52:16
Print Post

Good formatting and language, I hope the op did live chats with VirginMedia in such a clear way.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Jan-18 16:14:27
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Ban lay out?

Do you mean bad layout? Did the OP teach you written English? wink
Standard User jdigz7
(regular) Tue 30-Jan-18 16:50:37
Print Post

I wish i had the time i spent trying hard to read this post back. frown
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Tue 30-Jan-18 17:34:31
Print Post

you properly work for VM then
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Tue 30-Jan-18 17:41:35
Print Post

Re: Virgin media goodbye *DELETED*

Post deleted by dcm12
Standard User dcm12
(newbie) Tue 30-Jan-18 18:14:28
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

ZARJAZ you got the point didn't you . I'm not in a grammar class and VM have the exact point.

Like it says for all who couldn't read the title "ISP unhappiness "! not please examine my punctuation grammar and hyper babble. For all those sitting at a desk in front of large screened device mobile or otherwise.
people of limited interlectual bandwidth , we don't all sit in front of the ideal place to blog all day or have full eyesight to see on small devices when spelling correction has altered a word or i spelt a word incorrectly ,ok!
if you WERE sitting here with me you could comment on the difficulties i was having but alas your not here to help in your special way jizjar shame on you do you just waste your time looking for thing s to criticise day & night or do you have some other special duty .
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Tue 30-Jan-18 18:23:27
Print Post

Post deleted by seb

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Tue 30-Jan-18 18:27:00)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jan-18 19:20:23
Print Post

I used to think VM were pants but they finally sorted their network out and now all is spiffing wink
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 30-Jan-18 19:29:14
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Post deleted by seb

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 30-Jan-18 19:30:11)

Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Jan-18 21:15:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by dcm12:
Like it says for all who couldn't read the title "ISP unhappiness "!
if you WERE sitting here with me you could comment on the difficulties i was having but alas your not here to help in your special wa

Well if you had explained the problem, someone maybe could have helped. It does not mattter if you work on a isp's help desk. You will still get treated in the same way...
ie "Treat everyone like they know nothing" That way they know you are doing what they ask..."There is no idiot, like a Idiot that thinks they know what they are doing"

BUT given you given them the Heave Ho, it's pointless.

But it would be nice to know exactly what the RANT was about.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User Roksan
(learned) Wed 31-Jan-18 11:39:58
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

As regards VM - I know some have had (many) issues with them, but for me the flip side was until I moved house two years ago & had to leave them I had near on ten years of great service. Maybe it helped living in a village & not so many in my cab but also the service I got was faultless too - When when we were struck by lightning they were there the next working day & sorted it all. My neighbours on Infinity had to wait a fair amount of time. Could not fault VM in any way - Two sides to every story smile

ISP ~ IDNet

Previous ISP’s ~ CompuServe ~ AOL ~ Force9 ~ RedHotAnt ~ Freeserve ~ Virgin ~ BT ~ Zen ~ Demon ~ VM ~ Origin ~
(committed) Wed 31-Jan-18 15:54:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Post deleted by seb
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 31-Jan-18 17:04:52
Print Post

Capital Y in "you" as you're starting a sentence. Also "probably" is probably what you meant instead of "properly".

And no, I don't work at all. Retired!

You didn't explain properly what your issues were. You kept shouting DISHONEST.

(fountain of knowledge) Wed 31-Jan-18 17:11:58
Print Post

You mention that you don't have time to sit and blog all day. To have typed the initial post on a mobile device must have taken quite a while.

As others have stated, if you had taken a bit more time and had explained what exactly was your grievance then you could have informed others but unfortunately you ranted.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 31-Jan-18 18:54:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chippy_Tea_:
Wow a wannabe moderator how sad.

My point, dear boy, was your criticism of Zarjaz was a case of pot and kettle. Except your mistake was a real error, whereas his was a mere typo.

Don't be so uppity!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 75808/13984Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(committed) Wed 31-Jan-18 19:03:32
Print Post

tbb forum rules:-
Offensive Language

thinkbroadband is a friendly environment and to this end we do not accept foul language. We employ an automatic filter to cut out some bad language but this does not stop users from trying to get around the filters. Doing so will result in action against the user(s). It is not our goal to vet every link or post and it is not acceptable to make excuses such as "if a moderator feels this is inappropriate, please remove" and these will simply be treated as posters knowingly breaking rules.
(Let) he who is without sin ....

You seem to be "knowingly breaking the rules" by evading the language filter.
Plus, I think you mean "member's post".

And my point, dear boy is I am sure the proper mods here would have pointed the above out if they thought it was necessary but don't let me put you off playing moderator if that's how you get your kicks.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Wed 31-Jan-18 19:04:11)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 31-Jan-18 19:24:01
Print Post

Post deleted by seb
(committed) Wed 31-Jan-18 20:13:12
Print Post

Re: Virgin media goodbye *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by seb

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Wed 31-Jan-18 20:47:42)

Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Wed 31-Jan-18 20:27:39
Print Post

Unnecessary full stops at the end of your post. I think you are living dangerously and asking for trouble!

Edited by Realalemadrid (Wed 31-Jan-18 20:29:41)

(committed) Wed 31-Jan-18 20:37:56
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Realalemadrid:
Unnecessary full stops at the end of your post. I think you are living dangerously and asking for trouble!

I wish you hadn't noticed that as i am now bound to be hauled over the coals for it. wink
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 31-Jan-18 20:53:56
Print Post

You seem to be unable to read your own post, that started this. Or if you can you certainly don't understand it.

It is wannabe mod; a personal insult; and filter evasion. crazy

It mattereth not what you call me, you are the offender in all respects.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 75808/13984Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 31-Jan-18 21:47:52
Print Post

Girls.... Put your handbags away and stop taking the thread off topic.... And guess what that is....

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 31-Jan-18 23:02:37
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

smile

(committed) Thu 01-Feb-18 16:03:38
Print Post

it is wannabe mod; a personal insult; and filter evasion. crazy

If you find being called a wannabe mod insulting try not acting like one if you don't carry on as you were.

It mattereth not what you call me, you are the offender in all respects.

Aw diddums.

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Thu 01-Feb-18 18:03:10)

Administrator seb
(founder) Wed 07-Feb-18 13:16:31
Print Post

If you're going to quote content that breaches the rules, your post will go too.. just saying..

Sebastien Lahtinen
Co-Founder,
thinkbroadband.com
seb@thinkbroadband.com

personal blog - blog.seb.me.uk
twitter - @sebtweet
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Wed 07-Feb-18 14:59:10
Print Post

I can understand the frustration about VM customer services from the stories I hear.

Your best bet is to try and get a good deal on a fibre line, or if that isn't available then even an adsl2+ package can sometimes be a good usable connection speed.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 07-Feb-18 15:01:35
Print Post

[re: seb] [link to this post]

Oops! Brain fade here frown. Sorry.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to