General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fuzed
(newbie) Wed 07-Feb-18 20:56:52
Print Post

Congestion - Cloudscape

[link to this post]

I have some serious slow down at peak, after 6pm, though to midnight, I moved to clousdscape after having a discussion with them about having poor service from SSE, which was only resolved once they moved me to their TTB network.

Since I've been with Cloudscape I've had no end of congestion at peak.

I've reported it with cloudscape and they have been good i.e. tried to sort it out, but they've advised there is an issue within the network somewhere, and this needs to be identified to get the issue resolved.

I got a little upset last week, as the slow down was so bad I was getting 4mb TTBX at points, the connection was almost unusable.

I've asked Cloudscape what they are doing to fix this issue, as I'm not happy paying for such a poor service. They've advised that they are now going to move me to another network to see if this fixes the issue.

stats here from random days...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15119039045...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15119879488...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15129333326...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15163981203...

and one from this evening...

not too bad, but still not great.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15180366631...

Any thoughts on if this is something that can be sorted out, as it's been going on since I joined these guys in November.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 07-Feb-18 22:23:40
Print Post

Re: Congestion - Cloudscape

[re: fuzed] [link to this post]

Backhaul capacity issues if that is what it is are always solvable, but the cost and timeline are the big unknowns

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Rhydszz
(newbie) Thu 08-Feb-18 08:17:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I've had the same problems with Cloudscape but they won't even respond to my support request. Speed seems fine in the morning, gradually slows down in the afternoon (starting with single thread download) and is abysmal in the evening. I suppose it's either beyond their ability to resolve or they don't want to spend the money.

Anyway, i'v'e already decided that I'm off as soon as the twelve months is up (more hasstle).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fuzed
(newbie) Thu 08-Feb-18 09:48:44
Print Post

[re: Rhydszz] [link to this post]

I've had the same issue with them replying, until I've got a bit annoyed and called them up asking for answers, the last time I heard anything they said they were moving my service from one wholesale provider to another, but I've not been given a time frame.

To be honest if this is not resolved in the next few months I'll be taking it to be ombudsman, I'm not paying them the money I am for such a [censored] service.

I know its not their fault, but the fact is they as a service provider should be getting issues resolved, and or answer questions when asked, they provide me with graphs about their network capacity, which is fine and dandy, but it doesn't resolve the issue for me.

I'm sure it's a capacity issue somewhere, but someone needs to shout loud and hard at openreach or whoever it is that need to resolve it.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 08-Feb-18 11:09:47
Print Post

Why is it not their fault?

Providers are given many options and it may be they've opted for a cheaper high contention service from their wholesaler.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fuzed
(newbie) Thu 08-Feb-18 11:55:54
Print Post

is that so, I thought it was something to do with the service provider, so they have a duty to sort it out I assume?

I don't know a great deal about the service/contention side of things and how it's sold to customers.

I spoke to UNO about possibly moving service and they said I may have the same problem with them if it is an issue somewhere within the network.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 08-Feb-18 12:31:18
Print Post

You pay them for a service and they are bound by consumer law to supply what the contract states.

A lot depends on whose network they are using, and once you learn that you can skip to a provider that uses an alternate one. A wild guess is we are talking TalkTalk Wholesale links and providers should be able to buy varying degrees of contention but of course 1:1 24/7 is not sustainable in the consumer arena. It is very likely SSE used the same links - the easiest way out and it will not involve any TalkTalk Wholesale would be Sky/BT/PlusNet

Standard User fuzed
(newbie) Thu 08-Feb-18 12:51:25
Print Post

The provider is chesspartner.co.uk, and Cloudscape are using them for the service they provide to me, I found out after a number of delays on the account due to Openreach screw-ups, and wanted to make a complaint. Openreach by accident sent me details of chess who supposedly were providing the service.

They've now given me a date of the 16th Feb for the service to be switched to another wholesale provider, so we'll see if it makes any difference. I do hope so.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 08-Feb-18 13:02:11
Print Post

+1

It is entirely their fault, and up to them to resolve whilst keeping their customers informed.

Standard User fuzed
(newbie) Thu 08-Feb-18 13:13:02
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

have you contacted them to get the issue resolved, I've basically been sending them lots of logs etc, they logged a ticket, and been told its an issue, when asking for updates wouldn't hear anything, had to call to ask for someone to give me an update, only to get a reply when they realised I was a little irate, its been a while now, that this issue has been ongoing, end of November this issue was logged.

I was told by Support (Kevin I think) that it could take three months or longer for Openreach or who ever the issue is with to get this sorted out, which is not good enough.

I thought joining a smaller provider would mean a better service, the only way issues seem to get resolved is when providers are put in the limelight, i.e. shamed on social media etc, which I did with SSE and got results.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to