General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 08-Feb-18 15:22:05
Print Post

Re: Congestion - Cloudscape

[re: fuzed] [link to this post]

Never heard of them, but there is a long tail of small unheard of names out there.

Smaller can mean better more personal customer service, but it does not always apply.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 08-Feb-18 17:25:48
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Chess Limited, Company No: 02797895 own the domain. Complicated accounts that I haven't time to analyse.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 75808/13984Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User fuzed
(learned) Thu 08-Feb-18 21:56:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yep, that's them. Again another unknown company providing so-called broadband services to providers which seems below par.

[censored] service again tonight - https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15181268692...

I was getting better speeds when I was on ADSL.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-Feb-18 06:10:11
Print Post

No I havenít, but thatís because Iím not a customer of theirs.

Standard User fuzed
(learned) Fri 09-Feb-18 09:35:45
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Sorry that question was directed at 'Rhydszz'. smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 09-Feb-18 09:54:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by fuzed:
Sorry that question was directed at 'Rhydszz'. smile
Whose post has both a Reply button and a quote button wink smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 75808/13984Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User fuzed
(learned) Fri 09-Feb-18 11:47:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

yes, I know, sorry must have pressed the wrong reply to button wink lol
Standard User fuzed
(learned) Fri 09-Feb-18 11:49:46
Print Post

[re: Rhydszz] [link to this post]

have you contacted them to get the issue resolved, I've basically been sending them lots of logs etc, they logged a ticket, and been told its an issue, when asking for updates wouldn't hear anything, had to call to ask for someone to give me an update, only to get a reply when they realised I was a little irate, its been a while now, that this issue has been ongoing, end of November this issue was logged.

I was told by Support (Kevin I think) that it could take three months or longer for Openreach or who ever the issue is with to get this sorted out, which is not good enough.

I thought joining a smaller provider would mean a better service, the only way issues seem to get resolved is when providers are put in the limelight, i.e. shamed on social media etc, which I did with SSE and got results.

I wrote this reply to the wrong person before lol.
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Feb-18 12:34:31
Print Post

Quite possibly.

Do you know the actual underlying network (BT Wholesale/TTB/Vodafone etc)? If you want to give us a call and ask for me, I can have a look as it may help you to avoid using that (to rule out it being the issue) for any future moves you do.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User fuzed
(learned) Fri 09-Feb-18 14:14:13
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Thanks Matt,

When asked previously the reply was 'We use the backhaul of Vodafone or BTWholesale, dependent upon who has the best option on a particular exchange.'.

They defiantly don't use TTB (they've advised me of that already).

I've got them switching my service over on the 16th Feb, so if I'm still having issues I will be having words with them about contractual obligations, and I'll possibly give you a call after that. I used to be a Xilo customer many years ago, and you were great when I was with you guys (when you were Xilo).
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to