General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Feb-18 14:27:23
Print Post

Re: Congestion - Cloudscape

[re: fuzed] [link to this post]

My initial thoughts were Vodafone and from the call that was confirmed.

As explained, we stopped offering new Vodafone (ex-C&W) connections due to issues with capacity at exchanges.

With their own cheap retail offerings, some exchanges with only 1Gb backhaul are suffering massively.

Matt

uno Communications
t: 0333 773 7700
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host

Edited by uno (Fri 09-Feb-18 14:28:08)

Standard User fuzed
(learned) Fri 09-Feb-18 15:06:44
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Thanks Matt for the heads up, yes, there is a major issue, I've had the connection hit 4mb some evenings, to the point where it has become unusable, really [censored] for netflix, youtube etc, viewing webpage is just about manageable.
ISP Representative cloudscape
(isp) Fri 09-Feb-18 16:57:22
Print Post

Hi,

Chess are a wholesale provider for PSTN lines. We have no connection with them on Broadband provision.

We run an un-contended network in THE and THN, any congestion is at the wholesale provider level, and dependent upon the backhaul the end user is on.

Checking our history I believe this customer is on the Vodafone wholesale network and we are working with them to resolve any issues with over congested cable links that are affecting this customer.

Unfortunately this can take time as any upgrade/remedial work is based on a commercial decision of the provider.

We have recently expanded our interconnects and can now move customers to a choice of alternate backhauls if we see this issue.

Please contact me by PM and we can check your account to see if a move is scheduled.

Cloudscape Connect Ltd
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Philce
(experienced) Fri 09-Feb-18 18:04:55
Print Post

I've been seeing issues since December and finally they admitted congestion and have promised to move me off Voda backhaul to BT.

Speeds down to sub 4Mb, lost packets getting worse by the day. Looking at my ping graph the congestion starts at 9am and just gets worse until midnight. If I'd known they use Voda for backhaul I wouldn't have moved over to them. I moved from Plusnet for the same problem, they wouldn't even acknowledge the problem with single thread downloads.The first 6 months with Clouldscape were fine, this started towards the end of last year.

They don't respond to tickets or emails until you call them. I know they are a small provider and maybe busy etc, but at least an acknowledgement of my query would be nice. I sent an email on Feb 2nd, specifically requesting a reply, I'm still waiting........

I was promised a move within 10 days at the beginning of Jan, apparently BT dragged their heels and the move isn't now happening until Feb 15th. Strange that you are also moving on the day after.

I just wish they would be honest and not string us along promising to move to another backhaul then make us wait over a month to do it.

I also noticed that we had several emails about "major works" that put the network at risk, that aren't even mentioned on the status pages at all?

Its a shame because I am all for supporting the smaller ISP (that Plusnet were when I joined originally). Hopefully this is just a one off and things will improve.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Feb-18 18:15:34
Print Post

Nearly 50 mbps. Where did you get close to that on ADSL?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-Feb-18 18:57:53
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

On multi thread, but for some tasks the single thread speed is more important e.g. watching video

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative cloudscape
(isp) Fri 09-Feb-18 23:32:35
Print Post

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

The 'Major Works' was an 'at risk' issue and we offered all our subscribers the option to opt-in to a real time sms feed. In the end the change over from our old hardware platform to our new system went extremely well.

Edited by cloudscape (Fri 09-Feb-18 23:33:23)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Sat 10-Feb-18 10:02:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I thought ADSL was 24mbps max.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 10-Feb-18 11:14:38
Print Post

Yes it is and the poster is complaining of congestion and therefore comparing the 9.3 Mbps single download test to their old ADSL2+ speeds and 9.3 Mbps is well within ADSL2+ ranges.

The difference between the single and multiple download tests is a measure of how congested or some other performance issue on a connection, and when the gap is as wide as the posters you can usually feel it even in things like elements of web pages being slow to appear, video buffering or taking a long time to start play while a suitable buffer is built up.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fuzed
(learned) Sat 10-Feb-18 16:57:57
Print Post

So its not just me then, we at least we have move dates, but agee on the responses to email, I think it's only the one person doing the support at the moment, and he is good when you get to talk to him, but he does miss emails. I asked for an update, and didn't hear anything, so I called them (2 weeks later) and then didn't get a call back, so sent another email (being a little firmer) and got a reply with an update saying I would be moved.

As you've said I'm happy to support the smaller company, as I think you normally do get a better service, lets cross out fingers that the service is fixed and quickly.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to