General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Philce
(experienced) Sat 10-Feb-18 18:27:51
Print Post

Re: Congestion - Cloudscape

[re: cloudscape] [link to this post]

Yes but if someone missed the emails?

Where would they check, the status pages, these were not updated.

You say the upgrades went well?

According to my TBB graph my line was intermittent during the night. This is more than "at risk"
My Broadband Ping
No explanation for the other outage recently either.

Like I said, I am all for supporting the smaller players in the market, but some meaningful and timely information and replies to emails/support tickets would be nice.

If the timescale this migration has taken is true then you also need to speak to your providers, 20 working days to migrate is frankly unacceptable.

As other posters have mentioned, single thread downloads are so slow and lossy at peak times that video streams frequently stutter and fail. On a 80Mb line this simply shouldn't happen.
ISP Representative cloudscape
(isp) Sat 10-Feb-18 19:39:43
Print Post

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

Hi,

Not wanting to get into a tit for tat argument on a public forum, but Multiple emails were sent. The first on the 08/01/2018 and then a follow up reminder on 19/01/2018.

If anyone missed the first they surely would have seen the second. Both invited customers to subscribe to a free txt feed service giving real time updates.

Last time we had maintenance schedule, back in December, although it was posted on the status page we had hundreds of support requests during the at risk period. This time we send 2 emails and set up a txt feed which was heavily subscribed to and I believe we had 2 support requests during the at risk period. We have also had feed back from multiple customer commending us on our pre-notification and txt response system.

We have had no other outages recently. If a customer has an outage they can call, email or txt us. We are aware that Vodafone had an outage in some areas last weekend, but we had no notification from Vodafone and our Incident Status from them give no indication of any issue, we have since raised this with them.

As you are aware we have now lit up several other interconnects, but it is not possible to just get a link in place. The work on the 22nd was to implement these and add additional resilience.

As a small provider we are reliant on our reputation and try our best to go the extra mile.

Regards
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User fuzed
(learned) Sat 10-Feb-18 20:43:13
Print Post

I've not seen the quality monitor, I'll set this up to take a look at the service. I do think Cloudscape need to look at the service being provided by Vodafone, and maybe do what Uno have done, and to drop that as a service.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(isp) Sat 10-Feb-18 21:59:10
Print Post

[re: fuzed] [link to this post]

Hi,

Just to qualify my last post.

The Network work that we did on the 22nd was to add additional wholesale interconnects to enable us to provide the best connection based on availability and quality on an exchange by exchange basis.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User jdigz7
(regular) Sun 11-Feb-18 02:15:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by cloudscape:
Hi,

Not wanting to get into a tit for tat argument on a public forum, but Multiple emails were sent. The first on the 08/01/2018 and then a follow up reminder on 19/01/2018.

If anyone missed the first they surely would have seen the second. Both invited customers to subscribe to a free txt feed service giving real time updates.

Last time we had maintenance schedule, back in December, although it was posted on the status page we had hundreds of support requests during the at risk period. This time we send 2 emails and set up a txt feed which was heavily subscribed to and I believe we had 2 support requests during the at risk period. We have also had feed back from multiple customer commending us on our pre-notification and txt response system.

We have had no other outages recently. If a customer has an outage they can call, email or txt us. We are aware that Vodafone had an outage in some areas last weekend, but we had no notification from Vodafone and our Incident Status from them give no indication of any issue, we have since raised this with them.

As you are aware we have now lit up several other interconnects, but it is not possible to just get a link in place. The work on the 22nd was to implement these and add additional resilience.

As a small provider we are reliant on our reputation and try our best to go the extra mile.

Regards

You aren't doing too much of a good job of preserving your companies reputation here.

You still haven't addressed the fact that he's been waiting 20 Working days for a backhaul change that takes 10 Working days from order placed on any other provider.

Like said gentleman I am certainly all for paying the extra for good service from small companies and understand things go wrong but it's not very professional to just point the finger at your wholesaler and expect to keep a good reputation for service.

I think in the interest if helping your reputation you should now converse with these customers with issues directly and not on the public forum and resolve their issues.
(isp) Sun 11-Feb-18 04:31:29
Print Post

[re: jdigz7] [link to this post]

Hi Jdigz7,

"I think in the interest if helping your reputation you should now converse with these customers with issues directly and not on the public forum and resolve their issues."

That has already been done, they both have their committed dates. We are not using this forum to resolve any issues, just commenting on posts made. The migration orders for both of these customers were placed before the first post in this thread was made.
Standard User fuzed
(learned) Sun 11-Feb-18 13:56:41
Print Post

yes, as mentioned I have had a migration date so I will wait for this to happen and I will reply with updates as to whether the move has improved the service. I'll be honest I prefer using cloudscape as a provider just because I get to speak to a human being, the service has been great apart from the congestion issues.

My biggest gripe is the fact I have been charged full price for this service, throughout the time the issues have been ongoing. I could have been paying Vodafone £20 a month for the same congested service, as it's provided on their network (and I'm a voda mobile customer).
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-Feb-18 16:15:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Just reviewed the post and had to scroll down to notice the single download test speed. The 48 mbps jumped off the page initially.

Might be worth including the single speed test in the bold area as well as the multiple.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Philce
(experienced) Mon 12-Feb-18 17:47:52
Print Post

I just want to reiterate what has already been mentioned, my migration order took over 10 working days (2 weeks) just to get a date for the migration that was a further 10 days later (2 weeks). I was initially advised that I was being migrated on Jan 11th.

No explanation or apology has ever been offered to me apart from blaming the provider, I am always having to chase you and then it takes many emails/support requests to get a reply. I am still awaiting a reply to an email I sent to you on Feb 2nd.

I too am put out that I am paying for a degraded service that I first reported to you nearly 5 months ago. First report was Sept 4th 2017 (Ticket #158373).

I left a cheaper service to get a more reliable and robust connection, that last 3 months have been far from that at peak times.

I don't really like airing my grievances on a public forum, but the level of response and action being taken with this matter is frankly unacceptable.

Even a reply with an acknowledgement would at least mean the message has reached you?

My migration should happen this week, lets hope this resolves the issue.

Edited by Philce (Mon 12-Feb-18 18:23:47)

(isp) Mon 12-Feb-18 19:20:35
Print Post

Hi Phil,

I understood that you had spoken to our Leicester Office relating to the query on the 2nd. If that was not the case then please email or call us.

If you talk to our Leicester I am sure that they will be happy to discus any remaining issues you have. We generally answer calls within 3 to 5 rings.

Regards
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to