General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Feb-18 12:33:27
Print Post

Re: Congestion - Cloudscape

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

The question I'd be asking is, assuming the work on 15th fixes it, why has it taken them so long? From the opening post:
In reply to a post by fuzed:
Any thoughts on if this is something that can be sorted out, as it's been going on since I joined these guys in November.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
ISP Representative cloudscape
(isp) Wed 14-Feb-18 12:37:20
Print Post

Just email us or call us regarding this issue. You already have the email address of our billing team as you have been in communication with them regards the migration.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Philce
(experienced) Wed 14-Feb-18 13:08:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by ian72:
Which point? It appears they've answered the question as to the timescales - it may not be to your satisfaction but it is there. So is it that they haven't answered why you are paying full price for a degraded service? Perhaps changing the question to "what compensation will they pay for the poor service quality?" would help?

The point is that they acknowledged the problem on Jan 11th (if not before).

Advised me that they would move me over after their network upgrade on Jan 22nd. Advising me of the 10 day turn around at that point. It took 10 days just to get the appointment booked. "The order has been placed, just that the robotics haven't come back with a committed date yet and this should update shortly" isn't really a satisfactory reason for the delay is it?

Here we are nearly 4 weeks later (20 days) and still no resolution to my original issue.

And yes I would have expected some kind of compensation of my monthly payments to cover the issue, they originally raised this, and it was confirmed with Vodafone.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fuzed
(learned) Wed 14-Feb-18 13:21:24
Print Post

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

I've not had any compensation due to the degraded service either, I did speak to someone on the phone before the move over date, and they said they would look into doing something on my bill for the next month, which didn't happen, so again I paid a lot more for a [censored] service again this month.

I'm sure Cloudscape have the ability to claim back their charges from Vodafone/etc for poor service.

Edited by fuzed (Wed 14-Feb-18 13:21:46)

Standard User Philce
(experienced) Wed 14-Feb-18 13:23:20
Print Post

[re: cloudscape] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cloudscape:
In the interest of disclosure with regards to the time taken, please see our relevant responses:

On 11 Jan 2018, at 09:42,

11/01/2018 11:18 am

Hi Phil,

This will take a minimum of 10 working days. Your IP should remain the same as the change will occur after our network expansion on 22nd which integrates these new routes.

and then:

24/01/2018 10:51 am

Hi Phil,

Regards you previous question, we went live on our new network on Monday, your migration order is has been placed and we are waiting for a commit date.

31/01/2018 2:50 pm

Hi Phil,

We did ask for a manual update by email and received this:

"The order has been placed, just that the robotics haven't come back with a committed date yet and this should update shortly."

01/02/2018 12:44 pm
Hi Phil,

The order is now showing as committed for 15/2/18

Regards

You also missed out the repeated requests from me asking for this promised date there are at least 8 messages and phone calls from me asking for updates for the migration, its not something I am going to put on here, but you really cant just keep posting one sided messages basically saying you have done nothing wrong. I initially raised this last year, jumped through all your hoops with speed tests etc for most of Jan this year.

I would email you or update my ticket, but on past performance I don't see the point as I wont get any meaningful replies.

If I wanted to pay £20 a month I would have just joined Vodafone directly and put up with it.
Standard User fuzed
(learned) Wed 14-Feb-18 13:28:28
Print Post

I got an email yesterday saying 'resolved' when the move hasn't even happened, which I asked as to why it was resolved, and the reply was that there was a committed date. How on earth is that resolving an issue.

I've obviously replied back with that the issue is not resolved until I say it is resolved, to which I've not had a reply!!
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Feb-18 13:52:43
Print Post

Advised me that they would move me over after their network upgrade on Jan 22nd. Advising me of the 10 working day turn around at that point.
If that is relating to what was posted as the timeline by Cloudscape then I think you misunderstood it - I did on the first reading.

The timeline was it would take a minimum of 10 days to move you. However, they couldn't do that until after their network expansion which wasn't happening until 22/1. On 24/1 they had placed your order. 10 working days from 24/1 would be 7/2 and they are showing a commitment of 15/2 so the "minimum working 10 days" has turned in to 16 working days - an increase but not that massive. So from the original statement they lost 2 days placing the order on 24/1 rather than 22/1 and 6 days on top of the "minimum" quoted. So, they are 8 working days later than they might have been if all had gone fully to plan.
ISP Representative cloudscape
(isp) Wed 14-Feb-18 13:58:55
Print Post

Hi,

I believe the response does say "Please re-open if the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction."

As a commit date was given the ticket was closed pending any further response. Apologies if that seems impolite.

We are sure that the network move will solve your issue.

Regards

Edited by cloudscape (Wed 14-Feb-18 13:59:41)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User fuzed
(learned) Wed 14-Feb-18 14:10:17
Print Post

Thanks, I do hope it does, and yes it does say that, I think it was the issue of 'Resolved, closing ticket', which I didn't see.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Feb-18 14:52:22
Print Post

You could show a small degree of competence by replying to the correct post - I didn't think ian72 had an issue with you!

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to