General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 14-Feb-18 15:03:24
Print Post

Re: Congestion - Cloudscape

[re: cloudscape] [link to this post]

Has ian72 been in communication with you regarding the migration? It is his post you have replied to!

Try learning how to use this forum!

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User fuzed
(learned) Wed 14-Feb-18 15:05:02
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

no need to be rude Jelv, it doesn't help the situation.
ISP Representative cloudscape
(isp) Wed 14-Feb-18 15:11:37
Print Post

[re: fuzed] [link to this post]

I was replying to fuzed, and while I had the reply box open Ian72 posted. By the time I had read, corrected and posted my reply the post from ian72 was in-between.

As Fuzed rightly says 'no need to be rude Jelv'. I think it is quite obvious from the conversation whom I was replying to, and fuzed correctly identified that fact as you can see from his response.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Feb-18 15:45:47
Print Post

[re: cloudscape] [link to this post]

If you look in the headers of the post it was me you replied to but I wasn't going to correct and just assumed fuzed was likely to see the post. If you reply directly to a users post then they can get a notification that the reply was posted. The forum has some differences to other forums in the way threaded and flat mode works.

PS - having the reply box open already before I posted means the forum would not have posted it as a response to me. My post must already have been there and you clicked reply on it - no biggee but if you want to reply to an individual then clicking reply on their specific post is how it is done - in this case you must have clicked reply on my post therefore it must already have been there for you to be able to reply to it. I am not aware of any point the forum has posted a reply to a post that wasn't there when the post was started.

Edited by ian72 (Wed 14-Feb-18 15:47:49)

Standard User Philce
(experienced) Wed 14-Feb-18 17:50:23
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Fuzed replied to my message earlier, as has been said already its very easy to reply to the wrong poster, especially when in flat mode and where multiple quotes are in a post.
No harm done and no offence taken in my part.

The last reply from the ISP does confirm my opinion of them now, blunt, unhelpful and frankly rude. The last sentence in the post sums the support I have experienced in a nutshell.

They say a service is only as good until it goes wrong, unfortunately what was a service running with no issues and insignificant downtime has now left a very sour taste where a small amount of work on the part of the support team could have avoided this whole episode.
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Wed 14-Feb-18 18:56:44
Print Post

[re: fuzed] [link to this post]

To the OP

One person has a problem with his internet connection and this thread expands to give the impression that all subscribers to Cloudscape have got major issues. Well I don't believe this is the case. There is a localised issue whos geographical location has not been stated. If you want nicely crafted communications delivered in a minumal time frame then subscriptions levels would have to rise significantly across the board

If repairs take an inordinate amount of time in your book, then you need to up your care level. If the internet is mision critical to you, then you obviously need a second internet service put in. We are all beholding to third parties to effect a repair who may have more important tasks to do ahead of your issues.

If you were with another ISP would the repair have been any quicker or status information reaching you every few hours? No of course not.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 14-Feb-18 22:20:45
Print Post

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Philce:
Fuzed replied to my message earlier, as has been said already its very easy to reply to the wrong poster, especially when in flat mode and where multiple quotes are in a post.
Every post has a Reply button. Simples.

It doesn't matter how many quotes or whatever else are within it. You want to reply to a post/poster, click the Reply on that post. Or the Quote button of the post of course.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 75808/13984Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 15-Feb-18 04:39:37
Print Post

The explanation seems to suggest the delay was because they needed to make changes to their network first to allow for the changes you requested to work.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User Ben88
(newbie) Thu 15-Feb-18 16:17:20
Print Post

HI Phil,

Has your migration taken place today as planned? Would be very keen to get your initial feedback as another Cloudscape user seeing the same issues on a Vodafone backhaul and awaiting transfer.

Thanks
Ben
Standard User Philce
(experienced) Thu 15-Feb-18 19:05:44
Print Post

[re: Ben88] [link to this post]

Yes, the migration happened just after midnight.

To be honest I am disappointed.

My Broadband Speed Test

Ill check again later this evening.

Ping graph isn't looking good so far, latency has increased and there are dropped packets everywhere.

Just to confirm the connection was not in use at all during the day.

My Broadband Ping

Edited by Philce (Thu 15-Feb-18 19:19:54)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to