General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ben88
(newbie) Thu 15-Feb-18 19:16:19
Print Post

Re: Congestion - Cloudscape

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

Interesting, thanks for the update.

Do you have a quality monitor set up on your line? This is a snapshot of mine over the last 24 hours:

My Broadband Ping

Would be interesting to see how yours now compares.

And a current speedtest, which we will all agree is dross for a 78mb service

My Broadband Speed Test

I believe my migration is schedules for 27th Feb, but considering just ordering another product to be honest if the improvement is so little your side.
Standard User Philce
(experienced) Thu 15-Feb-18 19:21:19
Print Post

[re: Ben88] [link to this post]

Your line is much worse than mine, I've just edited my last post with the TBB ping test.

Lets see what happens later this evening.

Latest speed test
My Broadband Speed Test

This test was just after I migrated
My Broadband Speed Test

At least the upload is stable.....

Edited by Philce (Thu 15-Feb-18 19:26:37)

Standard User Philce
(experienced) Thu 15-Feb-18 19:28:20
Print Post

Just noticed this on the status pages.

14/02/18 We are aware of an issue affecting some broadband circuits. We have discovered
a load balancing issue resulting in a slow down of throughput. Our engineers are
Currently working on a resolution.

http://support.cloudscapeconnect.com/pages/known-issues

Kevin was on here yesterday, strange he didnt mention it?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ben88
(newbie) Thu 15-Feb-18 19:43:24
Print Post

Thanks, is that ping test graph showing a significant improvement or roughly the same as previous to the migration?

It's really the most frustrating thing to see your speeds vary so much isn't it, here is a test from my line at a quiet time, and I have seen significantly better than this too (just wasn't logged in then!):

My Broadband Speed Test

To be honest, those lower speeds your seeing now are about what I used to get when I first subbed to CloudScape. At that time I raised the single thread speeds as an issue and was basically fobbed off, but as even at 15-20Mbps I was able to stream 4k OK I wasn't too bothered with it. Now, I'm lucky to retain a stream in HD on Netflix at peak times.
Standard User Ben88
(newbie) Thu 15-Feb-18 19:48:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by Philce:
Just noticed this on the status pages.

14/02/18 We are aware of an issue affecting some broadband circuits. We have discovered
a load balancing issue resulting in a slow down of throughput. Our engineers are
Currently working on a resolution.

http://support.cloudscapeconnect.com/pages/known-issues

Kevin was on here yesterday, strange he didnt mention it?

Strange? Yes.

Surprising? I don't think we need to comment.

I would go so far say that the overall feelings of customers purveyed in this thread, coupled with the responses and (admittedly, poorly conveyed by the text medium) apparant tone of response from CloudScape, mirrors my own experiences thus far.
Standard User Philce
(experienced) Thu 15-Feb-18 20:27:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ben88:
Thanks, is that ping test graph showing a significant improvement or roughly the same as previous to the migration?

It's really the most frustrating thing to see your speeds vary so much isn't it, here is a test from my line at a quiet time, and I have seen significantly better than this too (just wasn't logged in then!):

My Broadband Speed Test

To be honest, those lower speeds your seeing now are about what I used to get when I first subbed to CloudScape. At that time I raised the single thread speeds as an issue and was basically fobbed off, but as even at 15-20Mbps I was able to stream 4k OK I wasn't too bothered with it. Now, I'm lucky to retain a stream in HD on Netflix at peak times.

The ping test is slightly better, its only the first 24 hours so not really a true sample.

This is the ping test when I migrated.

My Broadband Ping

Clearly something has changed.
ISP Representative cloudscape
(isp) Thu 15-Feb-18 21:01:16
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Hi Chrysalis,

Spot on. We have completely restructured our network, added additional redundancy, added multiple load balance routers to manage our BGP.

This had been in planning for a while and was not linked to the Vodafone congestion issue which only affects a very small number of our customers, and these are now being moved onto new routes.

We planned to switch over in December but there were issues with the new configuration so we rolled back until we identified and resolved these. We then switched to the new network on 22nd January.

Regards
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(isp) Thu 15-Feb-18 21:06:44
Print Post

Hi,

That was resolved yesterday. The status page has update to reflect that.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(isp) Thu 15-Feb-18 21:10:30
Print Post

Hi Ben88,

If you are Ben P, then I believe your migration date is set for 27th Feb.

Regards
Standard User Philce
(experienced) Thu 15-Feb-18 21:30:46
Print Post

[re: cloudscape] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cloudscape:
Hi,

That was resolved yesterday. The status page has update to reflect that.

So clearly moving me to another route hasn't fixed this problem.

My Broadband Speed Test

As per your email please confirm I can migrate out without penalty.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to