General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Tue 12-Jun-18 16:59:56
Print Post

Plusnet

[link to this post]

Hi , decided to post here to highlight problems with Plusnet forums becoming public .
Some here know me from the forum i used my normal name , i have been a contributor on the forum for more than 8 years , i got banned for highlighting the fact they had a forum troll and the Mods took no action ! This troll had 3 accounts on the forum which he used to intimidate members .
Since i was banned all reference to him has been removed from the forum there is a big thread here ,/ Community feedback / fancy banning rongtw Now locked because JonoH community manager , says he has given enough information ?

They have also banned my wifes account for the forum , Plusnet were warned about making the forum public , so now i am denied access to a route to support because of this reason , it a sad day when plusnet customers are denied use of the forum.
Thanks for reading

Ron
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Jun-18 19:04:38
Print Post

Re: Plusnet

[re: sneekyhen] [link to this post]

It is a definite return to the Plusnet bad old days.

I didn't see the exchanges that led to the ban, but from what I've read it was the sort of thing that in the past has led to a one month ban or similar. This time Plusnet have imposed a permanent ban.

Whilst being a loyal Plusnet user for many years and helping many other users on the Plusnet forums, sneekyhen has consistently called them out for their failures, such as the new accounts system which they've been promising 'soon' for around 10 years, their failure so solve the performance issues on their mail platform which has been going on for a couple of years, their failure to move forward with IPv6 in spite of having run a pretty successful trial a few years ago, their failure to support security on mail connections in and out and, above all, their failure to adequately staff their support centre with enough properly trained agents to keep time users have to wait on the support phone line to an acceptable level.

Co-incidence that a far harsher ban than previously given for lessor offences is given out to someone who has been a thorn in their side? I think not!

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8

Edited by jelv (Tue 12-Jun-18 19:05:28)

Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Wed 13-Jun-18 07:40:18
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

@Jelv
Yes the more i think about it there is more to this than meets the eye , Especially as i always highlighted their failings when new customers posted with problems , especially on the billing side as i kept linking the fact that the got fined for overcharging after had left Plusnet , hence their Fine .
Even though the state it wont happen again ,, It has several times

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative JonoH
(isp) Wed 13-Jun-18 09:31:26
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Hi Ron,

I'm not a big fan of airing dirty washing in public but I find your inaccurate, one sided postings a little unfair and so I'll do my best to answer some of your points here but this will be the last time I respond.

Firstly, we absolutely never wanted to ban anyone, least of all someone who's been a customer for so long, the thread you link suggests that we treated you unfairly but I maintain that by holding everyone equally under the rules regardless of their status as a customer is the only way you can be fair.

i got banned for highlighting the fact they had a forum troll and the Mods took no action !

That's not why you got banned, As we've told you in the notification of you ban, in your appeal to me, on social media and via our official complaints process. You were banned for creating multiple forum accounts and that's a breach of our forum rules. You breached these rules whilst serving a temporary ban for a breach of the rules leaving us little choice but to ban you permanently.

As for the member that you're referring we have taken action against that user and their multiple accounts.

there is a big thread here ,/Community feedback / fancy banning rongtw Now locked because JonoH community manager , says he has given enough information ?

I have all the information that I require between that thread, the forum logs and your own email to me to conclude that the ban should remain.

I didn't see the exchanges that led to the ban, but from what I've read it was the sort of thing that in the past has led to a one month ban or similar. This time Plusnet have imposed a permanent ban.

It's absolutely not about what the user said, that action got him a temporary ban. Whilst serving that ban multiple new accounts we're set up to continue to access the forum. That is what pushed us to ban permanently.

Co-incidence that a far harsher ban than previously given for lessor offences is given out to someone who has been a thorn in their side? I think no

*Looks for tin hat*

Our Moderators are independent and do not answer to me or anyone else at Plusnet. I didn't tell them to ban this user nor treat him unfairly and I don't think they'd do so on my say so anyway.

Also If we were to ban every user that called us out for problems we'd have very few forum users, you yourself Jelv have repeatedly linked across multiple threads to multiple users to a post that highlights some of the reasons you left, you also advertise products by other customers. We've made no move to silence you, ban your account or change your signature at all and that is because we believe that the forums should be a place where peoplecan come and express their opinions freely as long as they're within the rules and especially as long as they're respectful to others.

Jono H
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Wed 13-Jun-18 10:39:55
Print Post

[re: JonoH] [link to this post]

JonoH , i do appreciate you taking the time to come and explain your side of this problem .

But i must say that you do not have the Emails of support for me from forum members , and this is not about dirty washing , this is about Plusnets treatment of customers .

Everyone is entitled to their own view thing is you are constrained by Company policy .

But despite what is said like i mentioned to you in my Email , If the mods had taken action against the troll when they were Notified to Mods by several members several times by myself , If he was removed as requested I would NOT be here neither would you

Thanks
Ron

Edited by sneekyhen (Wed 13-Jun-18 10:42:29)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 13-Jun-18 10:46:30
Print Post

So did you create multiple accounts whilst already serving a temporary ban?
Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Wed 13-Jun-18 12:22:40
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Hi Ian72 i made One in my wifes name for her , and my son made one via his moblie . so they could watch if the troll had been banned , as it happens all his post now removed ? so no proof he existed frown
But the main point is the Troll had 3 accounts and no doubt he will have another , i have been there 9 years and i was informed from other members who had been banned how to circumvent the ban so it obviously is common practice .
and if i was so inclined i could access the forum again , but why bother

On one of PN email to me they stated The forum is not a recognized support access ?
But their Facebook page tells you to look there for answers ?

Edited by sneekyhen (Wed 13-Jun-18 12:24:22)

Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Wed 13-Jun-18 13:28:26
Print Post

I would like to make it clear to all , i have not posted here to slate Plusnet , despite the reply from Jono PN staff suggesting the ban was because i accessed the forum during a ban .
Maybe i did maybe others did it on my behalf but that's the nature of a Public forum !

As i said The original ban was because i highlighted a obvious troll , and no action was taken !!!
What happened to get the 7 day ban Occurred was because the lack of lack action by Mods and PN staff
if action had been taken and he was removed no one would have been banned to cause this
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 13-Jun-18 14:39:46
Print Post

But presumably you did something when they didn't action your complaint? I am assuming you didn't just leave it to them and suddenly get banned? So what reasoning did Plusnet have for banning you for the original 7 days?
Standard User robertcrowther
(committed) Wed 13-Jun-18 14:41:23
Print Post

Having been a moderator for other sites I know how difficult a job it can be. I also know that people do make multiple accounts for the sole purpose of trolling other users.

The best thing to do in that situation is to just ignore the troll and don't react. The mods will then see that it's just one person causing trouble and deal with it. If on the other hand you keep reacting to it then often the mod will take the action of banning or suspending both parties.

Often trolls will take advantage of people they know will react to things and deliberately post something they know will get a reaction.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to