General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Wed 13-Jun-18 14:53:00
Print Post

Re: Plusnet

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

Hi robertcrowther , yes i got the original ban for posting a DO NOT FEED TROLLS picture , No text just picture , and the thread now has been removed .
I only posted the picture because the Mods and staff were obviously ignoring what was highlighted to them , i will not post his name but another member sent me a PM stating he was worried that he may not be all that he seams ,as he was attacking posters who showed PN failings and used his second account to check what was said while he was invisible on the forum and by whom

Ps all this would not have happened if Plusnet had left it a customer only portal
ISP Representative JonoH
(isp) Wed 13-Jun-18 15:18:37
Print Post

[re: sneekyhen] [link to this post]

I wasn't going to reply again but frankly this has gotten ridiculous.
another member sent me a PM stating he was worried that he may not be all that he seams ,as he was attacking posters who showed PN failings

It seems here that you're suggesting that Plusnet created several forum accounts to "troll" you because you posted about some issues you've had with Plusnet? why would we bother hosting a forum if that was our intent? wouldn't it be easier to simply close it?

If I'd have known my tin foil hat was going to get so much use I'd have bought a nicer one laugh

You seem to blame the moderation team for not acting in the manor that you wish they would regarding another user (even though you have no idea what it is they've done) and now you're blaming the fact that we allow people who aren't customers to join the forum, all of this is irrelevant as it seems to me that there is only one person responsible for your ban and that's you, you are responsible for your own actions and your adherence or lack thereof to the rules.

Jono H
Plusnet
Plusnet Community Manager

Edited by JonoH (Wed 13-Jun-18 15:23:01)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Wed 13-Jun-18 15:36:28
Print Post

[re: JonoH] [link to this post]

And where did i say Plusnet created a troll ?
This is not here to create a argument with a PN staff , this is the ISP Unhappiness board
And i am unhappy with the way PN handled this , so i can share my experience with people as has been done before on multiple boards , thats why they exist

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Wed 13-Jun-18 16:08:26
Print Post

" Especially as i always highlighted their failings when new customers posted with problems , especially on the billing side"

If you'd posted every time someone complained then it might have got a bit tiresome.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Wed 13-Jun-18 16:27:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by JonoH:
If I'd have known my tin foil hat was going to get so much use I'd have bought a nicer one laugh

This is the second time you have mentioned a tin foil hat is belittling customers the way Plusnet representatives deal with complaints?

Edited by Chippy_Tea_ (Wed 13-Jun-18 16:29:03)

ISP Representative JonoH
(isp) Wed 13-Jun-18 16:40:00
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

No, and I'm truly sorry if that's how it's come across as that was not my intent.
I was attempting (unsuccessfully it seems) to inject some levity and highlight the ridiculousness of the situation where it's insinuated that we'd ban people just because they're negative on our support forums.

I welcome everyone to take a look (it's already been pointed out that we don't restrict the boards to customers) and decide for themselves if those who post negative things get banned.

Jono H
Plusnet
Plusnet Community Manager

Edited by JonoH (Wed 13-Jun-18 16:43:23)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 13-Jun-18 16:57:15
Print Post

So, you broke their rules and got a temporary ban and then broke the rules which resulted in a permanent ban. It is irrelevant how they handled the other poster - just because someone else breaks the rules and gets away with it doesn't give another member of the forum the leeway to break the rules as well. You may consider the permanent ban to be harsh but you do appear to admit you did break the rules and justify it because of inaction by PlusNet.
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Wed 13-Jun-18 17:06:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by JonoH:
No, and I'm truly sorry if that's how it's come across as that was not my intent.
I was attempting (unsuccessfully it seems) to inject some levity and highlight the ridiculousness of the situation where it's insinuated that we'd ban people just because they're negative on our support forums.

I welcome everyone to take a look (it's already been pointed out that we don't restrict the boards to customers) and decide for themselves if those who post negative things get banned.

Thanks for replying, you banned him for setting up multiple accounts which is against the rules so he has no argument but under the circumstances is a permanent ban not a little harsh?

Standard User wowitsme
(newbie) Wed 13-Jun-18 17:48:36
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

A perm ban is pretty low for a highly respected member of the community forums.

Edited by wowitsme (Wed 13-Jun-18 18:18:51)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 13-Jun-18 18:28:36
Print Post

[re: wowitsme] [link to this post]

You think they care? long gone are the days where people cared there - just look at the stats portal - hardly works at all these days - the only USP they had - gone.

Glad I left them.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to