General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Jun-18 17:23:36
Print Post

Re: Plusnet

[re: sneekyhen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sneekyhen:
while i agree Plusnet is a cheap ISP but that is no reason to have Cheap support .
if you report problems with their webmail all you get is a reply " we are aware of problems " ???

I guess I am lucky i've never had to report a problem. I still have an unanswered ticket open from October however..
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Tue 19-Jun-18 17:47:56
Print Post

[re: sneekyhen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sneekyhen:
while i agree Plusnet is a cheap ISP but that is no reason to have Cheap support .
if you report problems with their webmail all you get is a reply " we are aware of problems " ???
From foregoing posts I think most of us accept that ISP webmail is not worth having, Fastmail gives an excellent service for $3 (about £2.40) per year, it's for nothing!
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Jun-18 18:06:48
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Malwaremike:
Fastmail gives an excellent service for $3 (about £2.40) per year, it's for nothing!

I'm seeing the Fastmail $3 charge as per month, not per year:

https://www.fastmail.com/pricing/

Though 2gb storage appears measly...

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Tue 19-Jun-18 18:09:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Tue 19-Jun-18 18:28:34
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Sorry, I should have worn my glasses! We paid $19.13 (£14.40 inc charges) for our two Fastmail accounts for TWO years. I make this £3.60 per account per year. Both are Fastmail Lite accounts and we find 2gb is ample for our needs. Main thing is that Fastmail has been totally reliable using PC, iPad, from home or from abroad on holiday. Usual disclaimer: I have no connection with Fastmail which was recommended by someone on this forum.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Jun-18 18:52:39
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

No worries wink Did you get a discount on the fastmail packages?

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
(committed) Wed 20-Jun-18 11:03:00
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

No, they quote same prices whether it's one year or five and they warn you in advance of renewal date.
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Jun-18 21:22:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Just reading this in the Ofcom link provided:-
As a result, 1,025 customers who had cancelled either their landline or broadband service continued to be billed, meaning they were overcharged by more than £500,000 in total.
Thatís an average of £500 per customer affected. Yet it didnít come to light for over four years!
Plusnet discovered its billing error, whilst undertaking a routine asset reconciliation exercise of its customer base and identified a customer as having a chargeable account but with no active telephone of broadband service. Further investigation by Plusnet showed this was not a isolated to one account. The matter was subsequently brought to Ofcomís attention. The penalty imposed relates to an infringement from 26 May 2011 to 3 September 2015.
Thatís almost unbelievable, for several reasons.

Sad that a company can't handle accounts, But even more socking that these people had not picked up on the error, in 4 years... And stopped the payment at source..

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Tue 26-Jun-18 07:13:37
Print Post

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

JohnR
If you read their forums , there are still Customers posting that this still occurs frown
Obviously Plusnet have not fixed the problem
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-Jun-18 12:53:44
Print Post

[re: wowitsme] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wowitsme:
maybe you will move to a better isp with better support.

I must have been very lucky then, as I've been with PN for over 15 years and while there have been a few niggles in that time, nothing has made me think about changing.

I've seen horror stories about so many other ISPs, and in some cases, when I have had to speak to a few of the 'niche' ISPs chosen by clients prior to them needing my assistance, those ISPs have had support staff far less helpful, friendly, or (IMHO) competent at their job, than the vast majority of PN support staff I have come across by phone, forum or support ticket.

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-Jun-18 13:00:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Being very nosy, may I ask what service you had, what you are getting, and why you decided to move ? Feel free to tell me to MMOB if you wish smile

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to