General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Wed 27-Jun-18 09:19:37
Print Post

Re: Plusnet

[re: sneekyhen] [link to this post]

Well here you go , am i being messed about by Plusnet because i post ?
well i paid my bill yesterday , today was cut off and received a text say my bill was unpaid ??
logged onto member center via Mobile and i got this ?

Woops! Something went wrong.

We're sorry for this interruption. Your browsing restriction had not been removed, even though your invoice has been cleared.

We've now removed the restrictions from your account, so you can browse normally.

It can take a couple of minutes for the restriction to be removed. If you keep returning to this message, please contact us.

go back to the Plusnet website to browse from there

For help or further information, please contact us online.
Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Wed 27-Jun-18 09:54:25
Print Post

Just got this Email , cut off for owing £0.00

We'd like to remind you again that payment is still due on your Plusnet broadband account.

To avoid any restrictions to your service you should pay within the next 4 days.

Payment due
-----------
Amount owed: £0.00
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 27-Jun-18 10:02:14
Print Post

How did you get the email?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 63852/12594Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Jun-18 11:20:41
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Odd question. The previous post stated that service had been restored and they could well have got it through 4G or a number of other ways.
Standard User sneekyhen
(newbie) Wed 27-Jun-18 11:44:51
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

yes i got email Via Mobile data 4G
, oddly enough it went off for a short time only Nothing showing on service status ? and Guess what i just had another loss for a few minuets ?
and of course no reply from Bookface or the twitter ?
Update Message from Matt on titter they going to answer on Bookface shortly
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 01-Jul-18 10:48:57
Print Post

When I cancelled I was asked to pay there and then so when it cut off I didn't owe any more - seems it was the better way
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 02-Jul-18 10:12:20
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
When I cancelled I was asked to pay there and then so when it cut off I didn't owe any more - seems it was the better way
That's not an option if you also have phone with them when there could be call charges yet to come through.

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User Roksan
(regular) Mon 02-Jul-18 17:20:48
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

Well I have never used PlusNet apart from when I was with Origin & they were a reseller. But a friend of mine I work with was paying a fortune for ADSL from Post Office & getting near on no connection so I helped her & she joined PlusNet 40/10.

All went swimmingly well (the three routers she received were useful) apart from on connection day she had no BB or Landline & needed Landline as not really a mobile user. As this was Friday it was either Sunday or Monday before she got BB & an engineer had to come out & fix the unconnected phone line on Wednesday. I was thinking of using PP Ö

ISP ~ IDNet

Previous ISPís ~ CompuServe ~ AOL ~ Force9 ~ RedHotAnt ~ Freeserve ~ Virgin ~ BT ~ Zen ~ Demon ~ VM ~ Origin BB <--Yikes ~
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 07-Jul-18 12:34:30
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

I kind of agree, I get around 35Mb/s and to be honest it is fine, I am not going to bother about a couple more Mb/s . I have just had a look to see how much data i used and so far this month I have used 25GB, the billing period is Jun 24 2018 - Jul 23 2018.

Sadly reliable internet is a problem, but that is not a plusnet problem, but BT network and BTOR not having a clue what is going on.
Plusnet have been ok, even sending me a different router to what they normally supply to try to solve the problem and it does for a while and then like I found yesterday all of a sudden it drops connection for no reason, so then I have to get my Hauwei BTOR modem out and connect that up to get up and running. after a couple of days I can go back to the other router.

BTOR have been here, and their equipment will not connect from the house or at the cabinet. so something is wrong.

I have been with plusnet for around 3 years now,or maybe more, and I also have their mobile service, which works ok.
I have not decided what I am going to do when this contract runs out, other services like Vodafone are offer prices that are pretty good.

I do not bother with the add ons from plusnet, so no Tv or email, all I need is broadband and that is it.

As for the forums, I have not used them that often.

At the moment plusnet does what I need, i doubt changing to another provider will solve the network problem, this is just BT naff network which still runs over copper lines that are years old.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered and back to windows 8.1, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 07-Jul-18 13:20:19
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Malwaremike:
In reply to a post by sneekyhen:
while i agree Plusnet is a cheap ISP but that is no reason to have Cheap support .
if you report problems with their webmail all you get is a reply " we are aware of problems " ???
From foregoing posts I think most of us accept that ISP webmail is not worth having, Fastmail gives an excellent service for $3 (about £2.40) per year, it's for nothing!

i use one and one, works out about £9 a year and that with a domain as well. Sadly they have done away with the service i use, but they do offer one email address with a domain, plus you can use different aliases

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered and back to windows 8.1, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to