General Discussion
  >> ISP Unhappiness

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bill100
(regular) Fri 11-Jan-19 10:32:33
Print Post

What has happened to Plusnet business?

[link to this post]

Recently PlusNet Business seem to have gone really downhill.

Support tickets are unanswered for days and calling customer services to report faults means a 40 minute wait time.

They also do not call you back as expected to update you.

This is a lot worse than around a year ago when calls were answered almost immediately and the service was quite efficient.

What is happening? Maybe they have taken on too many customers or some bright spark has launched a cost-cutting drive.

Anyone considering PlusNet - BEWARE.
Standard User broadback
(committed) Sat 12-Jan-19 14:18:13
Print Post

Re: What has happened to Plusnet business?

[re: Bill100] [link to this post]

I had major problems with there billing, after they installed an Update. I was on the point of leaving,with some reluctance has I had plenty of good experience in the past. However they now seem to have resolved that problem.

All strangers are
potential friends.
Standard User sneekyhen
(learned) Sat 12-Jan-19 15:14:45
Print Post

[re: broadback] [link to this post]

They definately have not fixed the billing issues , have you read the forum lately frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bill100
(regular) Sun 13-Jan-19 21:38:12
Print Post

[re: broadback] [link to this post]

Yes their billing leaves a lot to be desired.

All ISPs I have used can send you the bill as an e-mail attachment.. Not so with PlusNet, they simply said we cannot do that.

The only way to get the bill is to log in through their not-very-intuitive portal.
Standard User sheephouse
(member) Mon 14-Jan-19 08:51:33
Print Post

I moved to a Plusnet Business account a few months ago. They have been unable to provide an invoice/receipt for the initial payment, and so far have been unable to generate monthly invoices - so it is free broadband as far as I'm concerned. Not very businesslike at all.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Jan-19 09:43:56
Print Post

15 years ago I complained about this. If it's a business account it's not unreasonable for the finance department to need invoices. The only way they can do that themselves is to have full access to everything on the account. Where's the principle of keeping things secure by only allowing users access to the areas they need?

jelv

AAISP November 2016
(Previous ISP Plusnet November 2001 to October 2016) Why I left Plusnet
Telephone rental: Pulse8
Standard User richi
(member) Tue 15-Jan-19 09:21:49
Print Post

+1. I migrated away and their shiny new billing system completely miscalculated my final bill. Plusnet's response was, "Yeah, we know it's broken. Just cancel your direct debit and we'll figure it out after the debit fails."

Well they never did manage to figure it out, and instead wrote off the correct amount of £3. What a way to run a business.

3 km line on THTG: 16/1 Mb/s with TalkTalk Retail.
Previously: BT ISDN, Nildram, Plusnet, 186k, EFH, Be*, Plusnet (again), Pulse8, Sky, Plusnet Business.
  Print Thread

Jump to