User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Jan-11 11:20:51
Print Post

problems accessing a Forum

[link to this post]

please would some kind person using Virgin and Mac OSX 10.6.6 and Safari 5.0.3 try and access THIS

All I can get is a blank page - unless I use a proxy.

I normally have 3 USA Fora and 3 UK Fora available - the USA ones are OK today and so are 2 of the UK ones , the third I have not been able to access directly since yesterday afternoon.

Cleared history , cleared Cache, cleared Cookies , done a complete reboot of everything . IP has not changed since the end of October when a new Router was installed .

Anyone got any ideas as to how to deal with this ?

EDIT - problem finally solved

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.4 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh and and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg

Edited by goldenoldie (Thu 13-Jan-11 18:37:25)

Standard User HANHAM97
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Jan-11 23:20:38
Print Post

Re: problems accessing a Forum

[re: goldenoldie] [link to this post]

I'm baffled,as I went straight to Pentax.Have you got a new adblocker on your system. ?

Virgin
Standard User goldenoldie
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Jan-11 08:34:28
Print Post

Re: problems accessing a Forum

[re: HANHAM97] [link to this post]

Nope - nothing had changed , but by removing Adblocker [ drat ] I finally got there. I suspect that some coding somewhere had upset things

-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x-------x
If a thing ain't broke --- DON'T FIX IT
Experienced in making a mess of things smile
2 x MacBook Pro on OSX 10.6.4 ,Belkin N Wireless Router , [ sssh and and a PC wired lappy using XP Pro ] all on Virginmedia 20meg

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to