I hope I can get some advice regarding my recent Virgin Media upgrade from 20MB to a 30MB line. I'm fairly technical at work but here i'm a noob.
It does work at speeds approach my old 20Mb line but it doesn't seem like an upgrade, if anything it's worse.
And even worse, the fare usage policy throttler appeared to kick in even sooner then usual!!! (Is this possibly because i'm on the 50MB network now?).
- I'm just across the road from the cabinet.
- I was provided a new SuperHub.
- The engineer was well meaning and disabled IP Flood Detection and the Firewall service suggesting he had seen up to 75% packet lose with them enabled.
- The engineer did seems puzzled with the dB power when he was here.
- Previously 16.5Mb
on the 20Mb
- I have now scored as low as 6.5Mb
repeatedly on the new 30Mb
line but this afternoon i scored 14.9
. TB Speed snapshot: http://goo.gl/1849C
- Power levels seem to be refereed to a lot on the orum, SuperHub Connection stats snapshot: http://goo.gl/T17er
Modulation Channel ID Max Raw Bit Rate Frequency Power SNR Docsis
QAM256 96 55616000 Kbits/sec 298750000 Hz -4.4 dBmV 39.4 dB Hybrid
- TBMeter 200Mb download test snapshot: http://goo.gl/Z31l2
I hope i can get some advice from the Gurus. I'm a bit out of my depth and need some grounding for complaint if i'm to go back to VM. I guess the rely on people ability to qualitatively query them to avoid support.
/Oliver - Bournemouth.