User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User djhomeless
(learned) Thu 12-May-11 15:38:14
Print Post

Can I partially cancel?

[link to this post]

Hey All,
Is there any way to cancel or reduce your Virgin package while not incurring cancellation fees?

Long story short, I've had a number of longstanding BB issues (on the 50MB package) that Virgin seem incapable of resolving. They finally sent an engineer last Monday to fix the problem (after cycling out my superhub), but he left after 1 minute because he wasn't a broadband engineer. VM were meant to re-schedule an engineer to come out but they never called. As you might guess, every time I call I'm passed around to a variety of departments, and generally spend close to 45 minutes of my time per call.

I'd love to walk away full stop, but my family love the TV package - so I'm wondering if there was some way to cancel the phone+broadband but keep the TV to avoid cancellation fees?

I know many of you have no issues with the broadband so I'm assuming the core problem is related to my area. But overall VM have got the absolute worst CS I've ever seen. I really regret switching over to their triple play (but again, their TV service and Vbox is pretty damn good).

Any advice appreciated.

Geoffrey
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 12-May-11 18:10:26
Print Post

Re: Can I partially cancel?

[re: djhomeless] [link to this post]

Yes you can cancel just one service. If you are still in the minimum contract term there will almost certainly be a penalty charge. Dial 150 and take the "I'm thinking of leaving" option.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem.
Standard User djhomeless
(learned) Fri 13-May-11 17:41:37
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

Thanks - I'll post back how I get on.

btw - love your sig!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Philce
(committed) Sun 15-May-11 22:35:01
Print Post

[re: djhomeless] [link to this post]

Email the CEO's office, they will sort this out.

Mention the hassle and that you are totally frustrated with the poor service and messing about with engineers etc.

As soon as you say you want to cancel they will listen!

The email address is easy to find!
  Print Thread

Jump to