First off, I'm not sure if this is in the correct area but I couldn't see anywhere that might be more suited to my problem. As I have a Virgin Media cable connection I figured here would be as good a place as any
Recently I've been having all kinds of problems with my internet and I stumbled accross the Ping Monitor tool offered by Think Broadband. It auto-detected the routers IP address and went on it's merry way. I had it running for just over a week and it showed that my ping times are all over the place but are generally really high between the hours of around 8am to midnight everyday.
Other ping tests I have performed using pingtest.net showed my ping to be anywhere between 150ms to over 1000ms.
Virgin Media sent out a man yesterday to check out our install and he left us with a new modem/router combined box. When I got home from work I set up the ping monitor again but since then it is showing 100% packet loss permanently.
I know this cannot be the case as I am using the internet without a problem. Ping tests from pingtest.net show that the ping is currently around 30-70ms with a packet loss rate of 0-3%
The IP address that the Ping Monitor auto-detected matches the WAN IP Address I see when I log in to my router.
I have deleted that monitor and started a new one but it appear to be doing the same:
My Broadband Ping
I set this one up exactly as I did the first one and I can't work out why it no longer works.