User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DeltaMac
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 05-Dec-11 21:54:17
Print Post

First time used customer support with Virgin Media

[link to this post]

Hmmmm

My internet is VERY slow, sometimes webpages never respond, using the Superhub or whatever it is called. Rang Virgin Media, he didn't even ask who I was or check who I was.. he made me do ping test on router, it failed "Definately the router, I will send replacement" I questioned this because I clicked start test again, it worked fine, he replied "I can assure you, it is the router".

Was not convinced so rang back just had to wait 50 mins to get through, loud speaker lol, anyway she said no reason to send replacement router but the "only resolution to this is to get an engineer there", so booked for Thursday.

Their customer service is not that great but hopefully just a one time thing.

However 2 doors down from me got VM installed, problems started since then, told them this (both advisors), that bit of info appeared to be ignored.

Mike
Standard User saturn_uranus
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Dec-11 23:55:58
Print Post

Re: First time used customer support with Virgin Media

[re: DeltaMac] [link to this post]

Sadly the VM call centres, be it technical support or customer services/sales, are a pretty poor feature of VM as a Telco. A few weeks ago I called customer services to deactivate the 1571 voicemail service and it took about 20 minutes and 3 different agents just to establish that I am a cable, not national, customer. That was me armed with the account number and vivid descriptions of my cable modem too. I guess they ignored the bit about your newly-activated neighbour because it's not on their sheet-of-stuff-that's-relevant-during-a-call.

Good luck getting it sorted smile.

_______
Virgin media 50Mb formerly be* Pro

http://www.speedtest.net/result/768833128.png
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Dec-11 00:24:12
Print Post

Sounds like a DNS issue. Try changing your DNS servers to OpenDNS or Google DNS.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User elevator
(regular) Tue 06-Dec-11 00:51:22
Print Post

my neigbour has had the same problem with support so I gave made a call on her belhaf their questions never change so I after about 10 mins they ran out of the crib sheet admitted deaft and sent an engineer it pays to answer all thier silly questions if want a end to it
  Print Thread

Jump to