User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Gob00st
(newbie) Thu 08-Dec-11 18:37:47
Print Post

How long does it take to install

[link to this post]

If I choose to install VM 30M broadband service, does anyone know how long normally does it take to get it installed ? I am trying to get broadband before Xmas !!!
Many Thanks.
Standard User Sark
(legend) Thu 08-Dec-11 19:03:31
Print Post

Re: How long does it take to install

[re: Gob00st] [link to this post]

Depends how busy they are in your area. I placed my order on April 10th and it was installed on April 19th. If you go through the motions of ordering online you'll get to a page where you can select the installation date.

John.
Standard User biffs
(member) Sat 10-Dec-11 17:15:58
Print Post

Yes, it's pretty quick - unless, as in our case, there's construction work to be done. Apparently the pipe/duct/conduit in the pavement outside is blocked so installation after our move is delayed until the Council approve digging it up etc...

Bill

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User The_Jimster
(committed) Sun 11-Dec-11 03:49:22
Print Post

just had 30meg install done a few days ago, new VM customer

ordered appx 2 weeks before it, filled out the forms etc got a date, took the first one offered, but as other have said it depends how busy the area is

to be fair before xmas might be a bit of a push - but then the ole saying goes - dont ask, dont get
so why not chance your arm !!!
Standard User Freds
(newbie) Thu 13-Jun-13 16:58:09
Print Post

I have waited about TWO AND A HALF MONTHS so far, and Virgin stall have no idea when they might be able to connect. The cable already exists to my house and apparently a part is missing from a street cabinet. Having spoken to an engineer from another company, he said that it wouldn't take that long even if they had to install an entirely new street cabinet and lay the cables to and from it, so it sounds as though they are just waiting until they have to do other work in the area, and they will just fit me in at that time.

In other words, if they want to make sure they get you as a customer - they will probably do it very quickly, if they have already locked you into a contract and can make you wait then they probably will.
Standard User Freds
(newbie) Sun 15-Dec-13 00:00:14
Print Post

[re: Freds] [link to this post]

Now December - still waiting, Virgin don't know when they will be able to connect the phone.

Account deleted
Standard User brandscill
(member) Sun 15-Dec-13 23:00:03
Print Post

Why are you even waiting? Just go elsewhere
Standard User partial
(committed) Wed 18-Dec-13 21:35:47
Print Post

Virgin are closing 38 out of 57 planning offices. Things are unlikely to get any better.
  Print Thread

Jump to