User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User meta_mat
(newbie) Mon 13-Feb-12 18:43:41
Print Post

slow speeds in the Bromley area

[link to this post]

Hi there, new to here but always read the threads.

I have the 50meg cable service and noticed a dramatic drop in speed last week. I checked it and was only getting around 13meg when doing the speed test. Called the helpline and did all the tests on the line, modem etc and not alot of change so they said was the computer. Used malware bytes spybot and again didnt change to much but constant 23 meg in the test. Called again and had their home support service on the computer and again they couldnt find anything and said mustbe the line in.

So today a technician came, did all the checks etc and definately says its the line but no one can pin point it. Apparently this is all he doing right now for the last week or so since the annoucement of the speed increases preparation but they dont know why, wondered if any one else is experience this as it appears to be spreading rapidly across virgin but no one got any answers yet he said???
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Feb-12 16:29:19
Print Post

Re: slow speeds in the Bromley area

[re: meta_mat] [link to this post]

first test wired if you using wireless.

second try to get your modem stats of your mode/superhub. ones that show power levels etc.

however my guess is its either a wireless issue or a congestion problem. especially if you have had a tech and he couldnt do anything.
  Print Thread

Jump to