User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ss_4
(learned) Tue 15-May-12 16:26:47
Print Post

Virgin Media Call Support

[link to this post]

This morning I called virgin media to complain about this:

My Broadband Ping

Normally the connection's quite bad in the evenings/weekends but its never been as bad as this (and it was a weekday morning).

The person on the phone was very helpful saying the the problem was something to do with the signal to noise ratio and the usual over utilisation that happens in the evenings. He said that he'd raised the fault to 2nd level technical support and that I should call again in a few hours to see when it would be fixed.

So I call this afternoon, press the same options in the menu but get to a (what seemed like a totally different) call centre (in Asia probably) which spent half an hour guiding me now to the change the wireless channel and clear my internet history and then concluded that by clearing my history periodically I would speed up my connection. An absolute waste of time, as if clearing my history it going to fix this. This person also seemed to know nothing about the call I made this morning and the fault that I'd reported.

Is there any way of getting through to someone (like this morning) who knows what their talking about? Can I do anything to make this connection usable?
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-May-12 17:34:46
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media Call Support

[re: ss_4] [link to this post]

That's really bad congestion. It can be fixed over the phone quite easily though - you find a different ISP, phone them up and get their service installed instead of cable.
Standard User JonasTone
(newbie) Tue 15-May-12 17:59:06
Print Post

Hi, i suffered the same issues as you for almost 6 months before getting any real work done to resolve the issue, and as soon as the issue was resolved by new hardware at the exchange VM started an aggressive advertising campaign in my local area and my connection went to [censored] again, so i have to contact the OFFICE OF THE CEO of VM to get this issues resolved, my i ask what equipment you are using i.e SUPERHUB or older MODEM/ROUTER combi.

Unfortunately the Call Center switches to the Indian one around 6pm every evening, i have on rare occasions got through to a Scottish call center after 6pm but that is maybe 1 in 20 calls. all you can do is call after 9am.

Virgin Media will do what ever they can to get your custom with claims of grandeur and brilliance, only to fail to provide and claim that everything is within "acceptable KPI" KPI meaning Key Performance Indicators, this actually allows for up to 90% utilization on the local UBR(router) for hours at a time and effects many services such as video streaming ability and gaming(which was my main reason for going to VM)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ss_4
(learned) Tue 15-May-12 20:32:37
Print Post

[re: JonasTone] [link to this post]

I would love to change ISP's but it's just not worthwhile because we're under contract and as it's a student home, switching for a month and a bit until the end of June doesn't sound like its worth the hassle.

I'm using the superhub.

That's strange because I called them twice at around 3 this afternoon and both times I got the Indian call centre. Is there any number to the Scottish one as the Indian one is useless.
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-May-12 09:16:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by ss_4:
That's strange because I called them twice at around 3 this afternoon and both times I got the Indian call centre. Is there any number to the Scottish one as the Indian one is useless.
Call in the morning. Hang up and redial until you hear the correct accent. Not all the offshore reps are useless although it's fair to say that most are.
  Print Thread

Jump to