User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Memski
(member) Wed 06-Jun-12 09:50:51
Print Post

5 days to fix an outage?

[link to this post]

This is an area wide problem, reporting that they're going to be fix it on Monday. Seriously? Am I just an ignorant simpleton to think that it shouldn't take 5 days to deal with the problem?

Reported on: Wed 06 Jun 2012, 08:11 AM
Estimated fix time: Mon 11 Jun 2012, 09:00 AM
Fault reference: F002026966

Edited by Memski (Wed 06-Jun-12 09:51:07)

Standard User pete_thomson
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 06-Jun-12 11:48:49
Print Post

Re: 5 days to fix an outage?

[re: Memski] [link to this post]

Fix time and "getting the service back up and running time" is not necessarily the same thing.

For example - a card might have died killing everyone's connection, they switch to a spare card or use spare capacity in another card to get you up and running, but it'll take 5 days to replace the card and put everything back the way it was.

Also, fix dates are usually very generous as it's easier to say "we fixed it quicker" than to be optimistic with the date and keep having to push it back.

Was
Virgin Media 50Mb/s
53.34Mb/s - 1.65Mb/s - 29ms @ 24/05/2011
http://speedtest.net/result/1310626245.png

Now
Andrews & Arnold
3.48Mb/s - 0.91Mb/s - 27ms
http://speedtest.net/result/1940826652.png

Edited by pete_thomson (Wed 06-Jun-12 11:49:02)

Standard User Dibble
(regular) Sun 24-Jun-12 14:45:49
Print Post

Re: 5 days to fix an outage?

[re: pete_thomson] [link to this post]

I'm starting to think that the 5 day thing is a stock delay tactic. My broadband has been out since last night, I called today and was told it will be fixed on Wednesday due to it being a general issue in this area. The service check doesn't show any fault though and the description of the fault they gave me doesn't seem to tally with reality. Plus, they said it might mysteriously start working before Wednesday.

The service is great while it's working but Virgin are a right shower when it's broken.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to