User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lowe88
(newbie) Sat 04-Aug-12 01:58:52
Print Post

Can I cancel? Bit confused.

[link to this post]

I'll try and make this sound simple. I have a nasty habit of over-complicating things.

I signed up with virginmedia last November I believe.

I then requested a move to another address about a month ago. I wasn't in and a week later virgin phoned me and said that my old account had been cancelled and if I wanted to open a new one at this address. I said yes because I'm a bit anxious on the phone without really thinking. This was two days ago. I recieved my installation date as 17th Aug.

If I phone them up and cancel. Will I recieve any fees? Am I in a contract already? Even though I haven't yet had services installed.

If I have a chance of getting out of this hell that is virginmedia. I want to.

Thanks.

Edited by lowe88 (Sat 04-Aug-12 02:00:00)

Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Sat 04-Aug-12 03:13:31
Print Post

Re: Can I cancel? Bit confused.

[re: lowe88] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lowe88:

As far as I know there's a 7 day cooling off period.

It's stated online here too. This is for the phone but I assume broadband etc have a similar page.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.contr...

Give them a call ASAP though to make sure as contracts made via the phone may be under different terms to online contracts.

You might be able to get FTTC. If not have you considered how slow ADSL MAY be?

Edited by ukhardy07 (Sat 04-Aug-12 03:14:23)

Standard User lowe88
(newbie) Sat 04-Aug-12 22:42:58
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I managed to cancel, but I was charged £108. They said even though my old account was cancelled I would have to pay off the remainder of the contract. Considering all the trouble it took to get them to cancel I just said fine cancel it, i'll take the charge.

Oh and to answer your question yeah I can get FTTC.

Great news! You are eligible for superfast BT Infinity. 61.3Mb download 20.0Mb upload

Considering going with SKYs 40/10 package, but not sure yet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Sat 04-Aug-12 22:46:14
Print Post

Oh yes!

You'll have been in contract till nov. I thought you had paid off the old contract & then resigned up. Misread that!

Sky is fantastic. Their provided router has much much much better range than the superhub & honestly NEVER needs a reboot.

I have the 80Mbps service and it works perfect 24/7
Standard User lowe88
(newbie) Sat 04-Aug-12 22:58:58
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I want the 80, but in all honesty can't afford it £42 a month is just a little too much. I reckon the 40/10 will be fast enough though. Considering I only had the 30 from virgin anyway.
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Sat 04-Aug-12 23:16:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by lowe88:
I want the 80, but in all honesty can't afford it £42 a month is just a little too much. I reckon the 40/10 will be fast enough though. Considering I only had the 30 from virgin anyway.

Yeah & you can try to blag some discount later

When I upgraded I got line rental reduced to £1 for 12 months - basically making it a free upgrade

With 80Mbps though you often find the wifi only goes at 80Mbps in the same room or through just one wall.
  Print Thread

Jump to