User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ilikesurfing
(regular) Mon 06-Aug-12 16:13:38
Print Post

strange problem

[link to this post]

I have problem with Cable Virgin phone (internet is ok though) today but is problem I cannot understand. There are 2 completely seperate virgin phone lines in my house 1 is mine and other is friends. For past few days my phone has been intermittently not working (i.e. no dial tone)

I checked all wiring this morning and replaced etc and still no dial tone, BUT if I dialed the number of my friends phone his phone would ring (there was NO ringing tone at all on my phone) but when he answered his phone neither of us could hear the other at all. He also could get my phone to ring (he did hear a ringing tone in his earpiece though) but again we could not hear each other.

OK so I then went to PC world bought a cheap phone and long and short found exact same problems again. So it is not the phone.

What is though puzzling is that if I connected 1 of my phones to his socket and tried dialing my number with my other phone connected to it nothing happened at all. Swapped my 2 phones around but still could not get either of my phones to work on his socket/number. HIS phone though worked fine on same socket. It surely cannot be that my 2 phones do not work on his socket only his ?

Any ideas as I am stumped. ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 06-Aug-12 16:17:24
Print Post

Re: strange problem

[re: ilikesurfing] [link to this post]

What does virgin support do? They should be able to remotely test telephone

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ilikesurfing
(regular) Mon 06-Aug-12 16:26:45
Print Post

Re: strange problem

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
What does virgin support do? They should be able to remotely test telephone

They tested line but could not tell me what was wrong. I had though seen a Virgin van in my cul de sac few days ago and since then things have gone intermittent on phone (not internet) and they said it could be that he has messed something up. Its just weird that neither my phones would work on my friends line, not even dial tone, yet his worked fine.VM are coming around tomorrow they said.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to