User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nvidamour
(newbie) Mon 01-Oct-12 19:33:36
Print Post

Another Superhub question

[link to this post]

Hi All

Been upgraded to 100mb and have the chance to get a super-hub for free. Is it worth getting as i have heard of problems with them.

Don't think they will send an engineer so i guess i can take the offer and if it is problematic i can swap them back.

Was going to ask about 5ghz and 2.4 wifi running together but checked virgin's site and says it won't do both. Shame really but shouldn't have expected anything less

Edited by nvidamour (Mon 01-Oct-12 19:41:22)

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Oct-12 09:28:05
Print Post

Re: Another Superhub question

[re: nvidamour] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by nvidamour:
i guess i can take the offer and if it is problematic i can swap them back.
Swapping to the Superhub is a one way path. You can accept the offer and not have the Supehub activated.

The advantage of the Superhub is that it will support more than 4 downstreams as these become active. There are lots of disadvantages - just read the VM community forum and cableforum to see what they are.
Standard User nvidamour
(newbie) Tue 02-Oct-12 19:11:28
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

Well at least they allowed the modem mode unlike when it came out so i can still use my old router if needed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 03-Oct-12 10:20:56
Print Post

[re: nvidamour] [link to this post]

That's probably the best option. Try it as a hub first though - I actually use mine that way as my routing needs are simple and I only use wifi on phones and tablets. Some suffer instability but by turning off all the options and with only light wifi usage mine is stable enough.
  Print Thread

Jump to