User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User garygomm
(newbie) Tue 13-Nov-12 15:55:34
Print Post

Internet down again

[link to this post]

What a poor service from Virgin, I'm on the 'up to 100Mb etc etc package, I rarely get these speeds or even close and the connection is often down. In the 3 months i've been with them they've replaced the so called super hub twice. Absolutely poor service and quality, certain TV channels display digital artifacting, down to the absolute minimum bandwidth being allocated. In all I cannot recommend Virgin at all. There adverts about service, lack of waiting etc are a nonsense.
Standard User Yves
(knowledge is power) Sat 17-Nov-12 15:11:06
Print Post

Re: Internet down again

[re: garygomm] [link to this post]

Where are you in the UK?
Standard User aaaashy
(newbie) Mon 26-Nov-12 22:27:59
Print Post

[re: garygomm] [link to this post]

VM has been appalling for the last 6 months in North London, i am a Blueyonder email account holder and i have been told they were updating the Blueyonder server, i have also been told that there is "OVER-ULTILISATION" in the area, even tho they have forced this upgrade on us all

i am on a SuperHub and ever since i have had it i have had awful service

my worst speed test showed my download speed was .7Mb/sec whereas my upload speed was 4.6

and i am meant to be on 120Mb/sec

i have also been informed that the problem is going to remain until 5th december 2012 .... though not reliably informed what the real problem was

i also have been moved on to IMAP4 now, had to change my username, and the game with customer services continues

this used to be a brilliant service - i do not know what has happened but it is a disgrace and i am surprised that thinkbroadband has not written about it

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Saltank
(member) Sat 01-Dec-12 01:54:05
Print Post

[re: aaaashy] [link to this post]

I'm in NW3 and subbed to VM100Mbit on 2nd November.

This is consistently how my connection behaves and it's not fit for purpose during peak times for latency sensitive things like Skype, even!
I was told that I had 28 days to cancel, I called them today and they told me that's not true and I can't cancel after all. A bunch of goons and hoodlums, if you ask me.

(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Dec-12 10:53:48
Print Post

[re: Saltank] [link to this post]

Check T&C's.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
Standard User Saltank
(member) Sat 01-Dec-12 13:54:11
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

I have a letter from them which says I have 7 days from my activation/contract day (2nd November) to cancel.

That's why, before that time expired, I called them (as soon as I started having the latency issues) to, specifically, confirm that I have 7 days and ask them to cancel. I repeatedly asked them, several times over, and every time they said "yes you have until 30th November, a 28 day money back guarantee!". Of course, I didn't record this call. I should have, because now they magically "can't find any record of it" on their end.

(member) Wed 12-Dec-12 08:48:35
Print Post

Of course VM are a bunch of liars, their proposed fix date of 12/12/12 has not done anything as you can tell by the latency test on my connection.

Here's my ping test

IDNet Business Priority Fibre 75/16

Edited by Saltank (Wed 12-Dec-12 08:53:43)

Standard User Saltank
(member) Wed 12-Dec-12 10:36:38
Print Post

Here's a message from the VM Forums:

Hi All,

I have just checked the latest for fault Reference number F002027498 from the network and planning department. Work to resolve this issue is currently been re-scheduled to take place on 09/01/2013 (although this may be subject to change).

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and thanks for your patience in advance.
Amer_Z
Help & Support Forum Team

This is so insincere. I would really like to know how I can go about getting out of this service based on the grounds that they can't provide the service and have been misleading for months.

I have just filed a complaint with the ISPA and sent an email to Virgin Media's CEO to start the ball rolling again. The result that I require from all this is that they disconnect the lines without cancellation fees, which would be totally fair.

Edited by Saltank (Wed 12-Dec-12 12:06:29)

Standard User Saltank
(member) Wed 12-Dec-12 23:10:33
Print Post

They've called me back today and agreed to cease my services. Finally, someone that can get things done. I'll update once the plug has been pulled whether the billing was correct.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 12-Dec-12 23:51:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by Saltank:
They've called me back today and agreed to cease my services. Finally, someone that can get things done. I'll update once the plug has been pulled whether the billing was correct.

I am pleased for you. I hope like me even they are doing a million Gbps you never go back!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to