User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vmediahater
(newbie) Fri 16-Nov-12 10:54:54
Print Post

VM down yet again!

[link to this post]

Poor service yet again from VM. Our connection in NW3 was down from around 5pm yesterday and wasn't fixed until the early hours of this morning. Apparently due to a network fault. Fault lasted 3days in one form or another.

Add to that I can't understand the accent of the Indian call center workers after hours support, and I'm starting to get annoyed. Add to that an offer of 3days compensation for loss of internet as being £5, and that's just insult to injury!

VM is absolute dogshite... sadly, am going to have to put up with them for another 2 months when I move address.
Standard User DaMaack
(committed) Fri 16-Nov-12 11:11:09
Print Post

Re: VM down yet again!

[re: vmediahater] [link to this post]

Been having intermittent problems too in SW8.

Very very slow indeed and lots of buffering on YouTube or any other streaming video site
(newbie) Fri 16-Nov-12 11:39:34
Print Post

[re: DaMaack] [link to this post]

Yeah, we know about slow... made me laugh/cry when they did those ads with usain bolt.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DaMaack
(committed) Fri 16-Nov-12 12:57:06
Print Post

I'm on 100Mbit but gradually the service has been degrading........ I haven't contacted VM yet though... I just can't go through the stock questions and then wait for them to send an engineer!!!
Standard User j112
(committed) Fri 16-Nov-12 15:34:50
Print Post

Excalty the same problem in leicester, my connection has been down since 2pm yesterda

------------------------------------------------------------------

ISP INFO

Leicester MONTFORT:

1st - NTL WORLD DIAL UP
2nd Pipex 512k-1mb
3rd UK Online- 4.5mb
4th Zen - never got connected !
5th Sky - 3.5mb
6th VIrgin Media 60mb (Current)
7th BT Infinity (Future)

------------------------------------------------------------------
(newbie) Sun 18-Nov-12 09:38:12
Print Post

[re: j112] [link to this post]

Ours is still down after 3 straight days! Can't get any detailed info from their indian call centers other than the estimated fix time keeps increasing! I wish they'd relay what the actual issue is to their customers! Utterly unacceptable, oh and the compensation is a joke of course.

They must have some serious issues as even their status page was out of service for most of Saturday (although the "you can still make a payment" link was working!). vmedia must have some seriously [censored] techies if it takes them this long to restore service, and it's not the first time... they have at lease one or two major outages per year, where major = more than a day! Can't wait for my contract to end; 2 more months of pain. At least I have my iphone which i can tether to, not mega fast, but bettter than this vm [censored]!
  Print Thread

Jump to