User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 24-Nov-12 11:21:17
Print Post

Usual Xmas pressie from VM...

[link to this post]

Notification of a price increase from February frown
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 24-Nov-12 12:49:08
Print Post

Re: Usual Xmas pressie from VM...

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:

With this of course comes the option to exit contract if not happy with said increase.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 24-Nov-12 14:04:51
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:

With this of course comes the option to exit contract if not happy with said increase.

I might be wrong but alot of people will use that to get out based on the carnage which is over at the VM forums recently.

For those who stay it might improve the service. But with people leaving and revenue II hope everything settles out.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 24-Nov-12 14:19:16
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:

It's a pretty small increase in actual terms of £1.75 but as I'm only paying £25 right now for 60/3 that's 7% which may indeed be outside of the inflation increases I think the contract probably allows for. The problem is any comparable non-cable option may well cost me more as I'd need a phone line plus I left ADSL because the line was faulty and they didn't fix it after 5 visits!!

Right now the cable is actually performing reasonably well so I'll just conent myself with griping about it...
Standard User JonasTone
(learned) Sat 24-Nov-12 15:10:45
Print Post

Indeed, i to had this email. So much for FREE SPEED DOUBLING.

We make it seem free then we add £1.25 to a million customers making a cool 1.25 MILLION Then we will limit the 100Mbit connection so that it also suffers the pathetic cap during peak hours(9am-3pm and 4pm till 10pm) and traffic management. The only reason i went with the 100Mbit package was to avoid stupid limitations. For instance, i just got Black Ops 2, on PC through steam, it was a 15GB download, that would have been 5GB over the limit for the day peak hours. which would drop the speed from 100 Mbits to 25 Mbits for 5 hours, yet i can upload 12GB during the same period.

Beyond stupid.
Standard User jms_uk
(regular) Tue 04-Dec-12 14:16:46
Print Post

Well after the first price increase earlier this year and the "promise" of the mythical speed doubling, this latest price increase has been the last straw... That, coupled with the fact that I'm finally coming to the end of my 18months AND no projected speed increase until April-June '13 meant I finally had a bit more leverage to call their retention department.

So, from being ripped off on the 50/5 mbps+talk weekend phone package for £41 p/m (increasing to £44 p/m in feb), I think I got a reasonable deal and when they offered a further 12 months contract but on the 60/3 mbps + talk weekend phone package for £27.50 a month...

Fairly happy I think.. when I consider that several months ago when they first upped the prices I gave them a call... they couldn't promise a speed upgrade date, nor offer any kind of discount/rebate, or allow me out of my contract without a penatly fee.. they did give me the option to "upgrade" to 100/5 but at the time they wanted me to start a fresh 18month contract which I wasn't prepared to do!

..and as a result of that, they've pretty much been charging me the cost of the 100mbps package for about 6 months but leaving me on 50, with this empty promise of an upgrade at some indeterminate time in the future (i.e. "migrating" me to the 100meg costs with NO speed benefit)

As it turns out 50 was perfectly good for my needs (have a reasonably good service in Guildford *touches wood* this year), and 60 is a bonus.. though don't know if I'll miss the 2mbps extra I had on the upstream..
  Print Thread

Jump to