User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User morgcon
(newbie) Mon 03-Dec-12 11:16:35
Print Post

After 10 years I'm leaving

[link to this post]

The last 3 years I've had nothing but problems with my cw/ntl/virgin line. Mainly the broadband side of things. I was told in December 2011 that yes virgin needed to upgrade their equipment and was given March 2012 as a fix date. I don't think it was ever carried out as no one will answer the simple question was it replaced, yes or no. Well the last year I've had dead tones on phone line, 60mb broadband no better than a 9600k modem and TV losing signal. What annoys me is VM keep putting the blame on my equipment and saying nothing wrong with network. Was so bad one night i called when TV was unwatchable and broadband was unusable to be told nothing wrong. Well i got Infinity being installed and hope I can at least use Skype at a normal time, not only being able to use it from 1am - 6am.
Standard User banger9365
(member) Tue 04-Dec-12 01:15:55
Print Post

Re: After 10 years I'm leaving

[re: morgcon] [link to this post]

i know what you been through and i done the same but unlike you,i can only get ADSL for me ,no fiber ,
leaving the easy part ,they take your money ,they do not give you a bill to prove the final bill
they send an email saying its ready to view but you cannot see it and then they take 35 days to return any money they owe you after they have there hardware back (make sure it go's back or they will bill you for it ),
welcome to been virgin free
Standard User morgcon
(newbie) Sat 12-Jan-13 13:06:55
Print Post

Well BT managed to totally balls my order up. I want a new line install with Infinity which they don't appear to be able to. You have to have line installed with their lower BB service and then upgrade to Infinity if your line is capable. I just cancelled it and walked way. Sky on the other hand can handle the process all the way so I think I'm going to go with them now VM have said Feb 20th before they may fix the over contention problem.

My Broadband Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Jan-13 13:26:10
Print Post

In reply to a post by morgcon:
I want a new line install with Infinity which they don't appear to be able to.
You could certainly order that in June 2012 because that is exactly what I did. At that time the phone install was free when ordering Infinity.

The order went through perfectly. Sadly they didn't back it up by sending an engineer to do the Infinity part of the install and their idea of how to correct their failure was a new appointment 3 weeks later. I cancelled and stuck with cable which was by then working OK and still is. Virgin Media aren't the only company that regards customers as a nuisance.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Jan-13 21:13:13
Print Post

Hang on,

It's a problem with your equipment? Your equipment is THEIR equipment!

frown
Standard User Sauronator
(newbie) Sun 13-Jan-13 19:07:02
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Please stay, Richard loves you long time.
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-Jan-13 19:12:37
Print Post

You dodged a bullet mate, BT are complete and utter [censored] and you will do well going with sky.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
JDSU Stats
Attainable 94040D 34659U
Sync 79999D 20000U
Attenuation: 10.1 SNR: 16.2
Line Length 300meters
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Jan-13 20:31:28
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

your BT still slow?

the speeds you reported you should be able to leave easily as in my opinion sub 5mbit on FTTC falls under unfit for purpose and unfit for purpose overides any contract.

Also I find a 2nd way out for peeps if that one is brushed aside in that estimated speeds at the point of sale are not quoted as "up to".

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-Jan-13 20:34:35
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

It's that slow web pages are not loading and I have resorted to tethering my three connection.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
JDSU Stats
Attainable 94040D 34659U
Sync 79999D 20000U
Attenuation: 10.1 SNR: 16.2
Line Length 300meters

Edited by lockyatlrg (Sun 13-Jan-13 20:40:51)

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Jan-13 03:40:38
Print Post

[re: Sauronator] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Sauronator:
Please stay, Richard loves you long time.

But the beard..Uck the beard! :/
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to