User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chuddly71
(newbie) Sat 12-Jan-13 18:11:35
Print Post

VM say I don't have a problem with my 60mb connection!

[link to this post]

I have recently moved property and signed up to a new VM contract with a 60mb line. Within a month of being settled I started noticing problems and called VM to try and sort them out. Each time I phone they see the problem they say they are not sure why and generally fob me off saying see how it goes and let us know if it continues. 3 months and 3 engineer vists later they are still saying that either there is no problem or they are not sure why I am getting these problems. What do you think?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/994132fb8a3...
Standard User Yves
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Jan-13 18:51:06
Print Post

Re: VM say I don't have a problem with my 60mb connection!

[re: chuddly71] [link to this post]

That graph looks terrible. Here's mine by way of comparision. Mine is also a 60mb connection but that should have no relevance to ping.

Edited by Yves (Sat 12-Jan-13 18:55:12)

Standard User chuddly71
(newbie) Sat 12-Jan-13 18:58:57
Print Post

[re: Yves] [link to this post]

Wow, that is a difference.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Jan-13 20:40:51
Print Post

looks like oversubscription which VM call a "high utilisation fault" (when they acknowledge it).

My suggestions are either.

1 - leave (as could be years before its fixed if even that)
2 - contact the CEO via email which will get a response from the ceo office team, this most likely will just yield you an offer to leave without penalty or ongoing discount, there is a chance they will push an upgrade through that fixes it though if lucky.
3 - make a post on VMs official forums, the staff there are more competant than the phone staff and seem more likely to recognise high utilisation faults.

The usual trick VM tried is to shift people between docsis 1 and 3 when is bad congestion but I dont know if they would put a docsis3 device on the docsis1 network plus you on the 60mbit tier which wont get put on the docsis1 network. So if you want a fast resolution and they see a fix is not forthcoming then you can downgrade your package to 20mbit or below (if they let you) and then try to get on the docsis1 network and hope thats better in your area.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User chuddly71
(newbie) Sat 12-Jan-13 20:45:30
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Thanks for that, I was under the presumption that it was oversubscription. I cant believe the runaround vm give you, has been an absolute nightmare. I think an email to the CEO is in order and see what they have to say.
Standard User kojjja
(newbie) Sun 13-Jan-13 17:32:03
Print Post

I've had problems since my VM 10Mb was doubled in October. I've had refunds, tech visits, three faults and new equipment. The latest fault (high utilization) is the final nail in the coffin, so I've cancelled my contract. Incidentally, my connection has been the best it has ever been ( pings of 16 even when I'm downloading @ 20Mb!) since I cancelled my contract. What a joke.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Jan-13 10:55:17
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
looks like oversubscription which VM call a "high utilisation fault" (when they acknowledge it).

My suggestions are either.

1 - leave (as could be years before its fixed if even that)
2 - contact the CEO via email which will get a response from the ceo office team, this most likely will just yield you an offer to leave without penalty or ongoing discount, there is a chance they will push an upgrade through that fixes it though if lucky.
3 - make a post on VMs official forums, the staff there are more competant than the phone staff and seem more likely to recognise high utilisation faults.

The usual trick VM tried is to shift people between docsis 1 and 3 when is bad congestion but I dont know if they would put a docsis3 device on the docsis1 network plus you on the 60mbit tier which wont get put on the docsis1 network. So if you want a fast resolution and they see a fix is not forthcoming then you can downgrade your package to 20mbit or below (if they let you) and then try to get on the docsis1 network and hope thats better in your area.

Sadly not an option, the Superhub MAC address range automatically gets pushed to the overlay network when it locks to the legacy one.

This isn't about the configuration files that are provisioned, the Superhub doesn't even download a configuration file when it locks to the DOCSIS 1.1 network, as soon as that network sees the MAC address of the SHUB it sends a downstream channel change pushing it to the primary downstream channel on the overlay.

The only way to change this would be to manually edit configurations on the Broadband Access Centre.
Standard User chuddly71
(newbie) Mon 14-Jan-13 18:58:25
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Well, sending an email got me a response.......
Another engineer tomorrow. Lets see if I get some random excuse why my Internet isn't working properly.....again
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Jan-13 21:14:01
Print Post

" the lights not bright enough on the fibre"
" it's flashing in the wrong direction"

Seriously I hope it get sorted for good.
Standard User Uilebheist
(legend) Mon 14-Jan-13 21:17:47
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

"Wrong type of photons"
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to