User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ilikesurfing
(regular) Sat 19-Jan-13 13:32:05
Print Post

Network Problem Woking , Surrey area

[link to this post]

Since about 2pm yesterday my broadband speed has dropped to 1mb at best although interspersed with bursts of normal speed. Rang the usual 150 tech support and got Indian call centre guy. Wanted to get me to allow him to upload software so HE could go into my computer and fix the problem (yeh sure,more likely have a shifty through my files etc ,lol) and I said to him that I NEVER EVER let anyone I dont know (or even know) upload any files etc to my computer because is asking for troubles. Anyway long and short I told him was most likely a problem at the Virgin end as I had changed nothing at all as was freezing so maybe more likely his end not mine. Spoke to 3 sperate people India and UK and all swore blind problem was at my end. Then last guy in UK said was likely my Modem so booked an engineer. Went out to get Adapter so could connect friends wireless got back now and MY internet is back to fast again. Also got a auto call from Virgin telling me that they are looking into a problem on THEIR end and have cancelled Engineer. Do not believe any [censored] that these Indians or others tell you ,they know zilch. You can check YOUR service status (I NOW know) at www.virginmedia.com/servicestatus
Any others suffering ? UPDATE ,3 mins later than post, is now back to slow and then fast so they still have problems despite the service showing as "good" ,yeh sure. So if you are in Surrey maybe you cannot even read this post. UPDATE: 4.15PM Saturday. Connection speed is still rubbish and only intermittently is it back to proper speed. Hurry up Virgin and get this fixed !!

Edited by ilikesurfing (Sat 19-Jan-13 16:18:14)

(regular) Sun 20-Jan-13 20:37:37
Print Post

Re: Network Problem Woking , Surrey area

[re: ilikesurfing] [link to this post]

Well it is 8.30pm Sunday 20th and still the speed of my connection is less than 1mb and the Service Staus page still shows as being "Good" .What a looad of [censored] VM service is.
(regular) Sun 20-Jan-13 21:01:13
Print Post

Re: Network Problem Woking , Surrey area

[re: ilikesurfing] [link to this post]

http://www.twitter.com/virginmediahell

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to