User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User anon1
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Jan-13 18:16:48
Print Post

New Superhub - advice needed.

[link to this post]

Hi. A friend of mine has Virgin cable and had one of the old motorola modems. As she wanted to use a laptop on wireless she got a superhub.

The laptop is running windows 8. When tested on my BT Homehub wirelessly no problems.

Install and activate the Superhub on her cable connection. Wired works fine. On wireless even when laptop next to Superhub even logging into the superhub is painfully slow and ends up in text mode not GUI.

Move laptop downstairs and although reported as connected and Internet Access cannot actually connect to anything.

Have read here that the Superhub is flaky. Does this problem sound normal or is it a duff unit?

Any advice appreciated.

Roland
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Jan-13 19:07:33
Print Post

Re: New Superhub - advice needed.

[re: anon1] [link to this post]

Do other devices like mobile or other laptops connect to this hub ok?

What model of laptop - as searches may show up whether that model is more prone to issues with the super hub

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User anon1
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 23-Jan-13 19:19:07
Print Post

Re: New Superhub - advice needed.

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for your response Andrew.

Ran out of time so was not able to try any other devices. Will tke a laptop or tablet with me next time.

Laptop is a Packard Bell, I think the TE B820. Worked perfectly when I was trying it out on my Hoehub based network.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to