User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User drummerjohn
(member) Wed 20-Feb-13 17:15:01
Print Post

Bye bye VM

[link to this post]

Had enough - 8 months of broadband hell and jumping through hoops with support staff that don't even understand basic networking.

Worst ISP in my 13 years of broadband.

What broke the camels back?

Got a letter stating my service would be disrupted on 5th Feb for essential network maintenance.

After that if I even upload any more than 10kbps my connection just fails.

The VM staff have been told to ignore the Total Broadband graph links posted by users which is why the forum stopped users from posting images directly into threads.

Ah well - that's £59 saved a month (inc TiVO).
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Feb-13 17:29:54
Print Post

Re: Bye bye VM

[re: drummerjohn] [link to this post]

was the camels back ever ok?

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
(member) Wed 20-Feb-13 17:53:28
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
was the camels back ever ok?

Thanks - that made me chuckle.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Feb-13 19:09:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by drummerjohn:
Had enough - 8 months of broadband hell and jumping through hoops with support staff that don't even understand basic networking.

Worst ISP in my 13 years of broadband.

What broke the camels back?

Got a letter stating my service would be disrupted on 5th Feb for essential network maintenance.

After that if I even upload any more than 10kbps my connection just fails.

The VM staff have been told to ignore the Total Broadband graph links posted by users which is why the forum stopped users from posting images directly into threads.

Ah well - that's £59 saved a month (inc TiVO).

So they know how bad it is to the point they have been told to ignore our graphs!?

Shocking!

Mines been okay but in the last 24 hours I've started to get a graph that's horrible. And I can only see more coming!
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(committed) Wed 20-Feb-13 19:11:43
Print Post

The Mrs still chuckles at me in a condescending manner every where year when its time to renew / change provider for being with VM back in 2006.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
Standard User swt4ajp
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-13 20:12:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by drummerjohn:

hi,

the reason why the image feature has been removed from certain groups is due to the security threat that virgin has previously, they have removed certain features from certain groups but the pro ranks have got all the features (i know because i am on the vm forums) look me up swt4ajp
Standard User swt4ajp
(newbie) Wed 20-Feb-13 20:13:55
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
So they know how bad it is to the point they have been told to ignore our graphs!?

Shocking!

Mines been okay but in the last 24 hours I've started to get a graph that's horrible. And I can only see more coming!

Hi,

Virgin forum staff have not been told to ignore the graphs at all, even though they have the tools to diagnose the connection they do also look at the thinkbroadband graphs.
(member) Wed 20-Feb-13 21:01:09
Print Post

[re: swt4ajp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by swt4ajp:

Shocking!

Hi,

Virgin forum staff have not been told to ignore the graphs at all, even though they have the tools to diagnose the connection they do also look at the thinkbroadband graphs.

Evrytime a refer them to the TB graph they ignore it and state that you have to do pings to bbc.co.uk and speedtests. I have even asked them to comment on why they don't make any reference to TB graphs and they will not comment on it. No comment means they have been not to acknowledge.

Also that issue you speak of was over 9 months ago and Lithium issued a fix. Again, it doesn't take a genius to work out that it works in their favour for users not to be able to post the TB graphs. Ahh.. I remember the sea of graphs that were plagued with Red.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Feb-13 21:03:06
Print Post

[re: swt4ajp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by swt4ajp:

Shocking!

Hi,

Your right, they are too busy removing people's posts when they ask for help.

top quality Customer Service - with a bucket full of sarcasm!
(member) Wed 20-Feb-13 21:05:17
Print Post

Here you go... upload of 100kbps (10kbps would do it was well) max was doing this...
TB VM

Nothing wrong apparently. My BT Infinity is lovely on the other hand. Thank god I have (had) both.

Edited by drummerjohn (Wed 20-Feb-13 21:06:37)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to