User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User worldofadsl
(knowledge is power) Thu 04-Apr-13 15:43:46
Print Post

Strange Down Speed

[link to this post]

I recently thought id been upgraded to 120mbps because my connection was going faster than before. After looking on the VM site my area has not been upgraded yet. I then logged into my superhub and found out I was still on single channel upload but the strange thing is my connection is not 100mbps or 120mbps but is actually 110mbps does anyone else have this?
Standard User Jumping
(regular) Thu 04-Apr-13 16:25:01
Print Post

Re: Strange Down Speed

[re: worldofadsl] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by worldofadsl:
I recently thought id been upgraded to 120mbps because my connection was going faster than before. After looking on the VM site my area has not been upgraded yet. I then logged into my superhub and found out I was still on single channel upload but the strange thing is my connection is not 100mbps or 120mbps but is actually 110mbps does anyone else have this?

Yes that's the correct setting for the 100mbit connection they are giving you a bit of overhead so that you can get 100mbit in download speed. When you get upgraded to 120mbit your config will be something like 133 I think.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 04-Apr-13 16:49:11
Print Post

Re: Strange Down Speed

[re: Jumping] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5775-the-public-d...

The scatter diagram on that article illustrates the over delivery nicely.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to