User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mikey2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-May-13 16:23:30
Print Post

Superhub (again)

[link to this post]

Weird issue (well to me anyway) with the Superhub.

Was watching a film last night on a wireless tablet when it suddenly could not longer connect, as the film was not very good and I was not bothered with seeing the rest of it and it was late, I just left it and went to bed. This morning found out that my SSID was not broadcasting and none of the wireless pieces in the house could connect. Tried to login to the hub and it would not accept my password. Checked again to see what SSIDs were broadcasting, no sign of mine; however, had a really good signal from a virgin123456, checked the hub and found its default was virgin123456, penny dropped then logged in with the default password. So somehow the superhub had just reset itself to its default settings. Anyway all set it up again and working well.

Question.
Any ideas why this would happen, known problem or has it happened for anyone else?

Mike
If you have to swallow a frog, try not to think about it. If you have to swallow two frogs, don't swallow the smaller one first.
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-May-13 17:40:25
Print Post

Re: Superhub (again)

[re: Mikey2] [link to this post]

Resetting to defaults used to be a common complaint but I haven't seen it mentioned in quite a while since they upgraded the firmware. Check your firmware is reported as V2.37.01 - you get that from http://192.168.100.1 then router status / information although TBH I can't imagine it didn't get autoupdated. If it isn't up to date you'll need to either call TS or report it on the VM community board.

The only longterm solution to Superhub bugs is to either get a Superhub 2 (which probably will be shown to have a new set) or put the thing in modem mode and get a proper router.

Edited by kwikbreaks (Wed 29-May-13 17:41:43)

Standard User Yves
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-May-13 21:07:09
Print Post

V2.38.01

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

Mine is V2.38.01

I did not notice when mine changed but it did not lose its settings.

Edited by Yves (Fri 31-May-13 21:18:31)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 01-Jun-13 08:08:43
Print Post

Re: V2.38.01

[re: Yves] [link to this post]

Mine is still 2.37.01 but I haven't rebooted it in quite a while as it's modem mode so doesn't screw itself up. I'm not home at the moment and there doesn't appear to be the option to reboot it in the GUI. I read somewhere that they would be making the firmware common with the Superhub 2 so that's probably why it has changed.
  Print Thread

Jump to