User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User virginuser
(newbie) Fri 23-Aug-13 22:52:06
Print Post

Our new superhub

[link to this post]

Following my recent post, the SH was delivered and connected on Thursday (together with a Tivo box). This was because our speed was raised to 30meg.

It all went smoothly and I haven't experienced any problems with the hub, which is pleasing given the problems some have experienced. Wi-fi speed is fine.

I notice that it offers wireless @ 5GHz. Would we notice any massive difference, using an iPad and Samsung Galaxy smart phone if we tried this?

Cheers

virginuser
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 23-Aug-13 23:41:18
Print Post

Re: Our new superhub

[re: virginuser] [link to this post]

If within range 5Ghz should be more stable on the wireless as less interference

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 24-Aug-13 10:32:33
Print Post

Just a warning - if it's the Superhub 1 that offers 5GHz OR 2.4GHz so if it is that one and you set it to 5GHz anything that is 2.4GHz only won't work. You may have the SH2 which I think is concurrent 2.4+5.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User virginuser
(newbie) Sat 24-Aug-13 21:14:38
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kwikbreaks:
Just a warning - if it's the Superhub 1 that offers 5GHz OR 2.4GHz so if it is that one and you set it to 5GHz anything that is 2.4GHz only won't work. You may have the SH2 which I think is concurrent 2.4+5.

Thanks, yes it's SH1. I asked the engineer for SH2 and he told me they were reserved for those on 60meg. Put me in my place!!!

Cheers

vu
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sun 25-Aug-13 00:48:53
Print Post

Silly really I came in on 120 and have now downgraded to 30 and I get to keep my SH2.
  Print Thread

Jump to