User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Nov-13 20:59:39
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media 150mbps coming in 2014.

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Show me where I commented on what you were doing or said it was in any way bad for anyone beyond VM, or that you were somehow not paying your way and I'll be happy to retract what I wrote.

The only opinions expressed were about VM. Like all ISPs who don't charge per GB they have an interest in users using as little bandwidth as possible, making their actions strange.

If your conscience twinged in any way that's your prerogative. You were used as an example of VM's desperation to retain customers, nothing more Sir.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Nov-13 22:17:37
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

SO why don'#t they do a limited option with per GB pricing? Would be better than the lower offerings they have

my conscience has been dead for years. You are right they are desperate but as you say why retain someone who is paying less than needs to be when it's costing more cash to do so? You're right it does make no sense.

As for my claim about the discount, what it actually said was.

"You'Re Receiving A Loyalty Discount It's For £9. If You Change Your Package You May Lose This Discount Which Will End 09-OCT-15"

Typed out from an old screenshot as it was on the screen.

"

Edited by pcoventry76 (Sat 16-Nov-13 22:21:02)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 17-Nov-13 07:18:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I never read any article stating specifically its 17a, since you know more than me, do you know if any of the trials are on ECI cabinets?

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 17-Nov-13 07:22:10
Print Post

2 main reasons are probably.

a loss making customer still has more potential to make money than no customers. plus if you have a policy of not spending money to relieve congestion meaning heavy usage doesnt cost you much if anything than such customers are fine as long as you can accept moaning customers.
2nd reason is shareholder reports, a CEO wants to report growing customer numbers to his/her shareholders.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Nov-13 16:43:03
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Both sounds loony to me. But I guess it works for them!

"
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 17-Nov-13 19:42:38
Print Post

They did used to boot unprofitable customers off the network but that was apparently not allowable by the ASA if they wanted to continue to advertise it as an unlimited service.

When companies are run by the marketing department a lot of their methods of operating appear loony (except to the marketing department I assume).
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Nov-13 20:14:30
Print Post

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

So they could simply change their marketing and get rid of people like me the dead wood if you like and then sort things out.

They will do what they will do I suppose. I've gone abit mad today and done 30GB but I will probably use about 4 during the week. I'm under 200GB a month now which if that's classed as high usage as I've said before they know where the disconnect button is.

I am waiting to see if I get a letter about the price rise (again)

"
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 17-Nov-13 20:18:31
Print Post

I thought you said that you didn't use much nowadays.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1 & VM 2Mb
Now O2 standard
(knowledge is power) Sun 17-Nov-13 22:36:28
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
I thought you said that you didn't use much nowadays.

I've used 200GB sao far this month. That's not much at all, or are you saying that 200GB is more than you personally think is more than " much"?

"
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 17-Nov-13 22:49:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
So they could simply change their marketing and get rid of people like me the dead wood if you like and then sort things out.

History says they won't as they've made umpteen changes to continue doing so. If they couldn't advertise unlimited they'd be one of the few big players that can't and I expect they fear that would lose them market share.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to