User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 15:57:04
Print Post

Re: Virgin Media 150mbps coming in 2014.

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zadeks:
Didn't you pretend to leave VM?

Didn't pretend anything i did leave.. But then the phone line coming to my house went faulty and I couldn't be bothered A to get it repaired and B to pay line rental so I came back to VM

"
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 15:58:17
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Generally Virgin says that their existing broadband customers should expect to receive a download boost of “at least 20Mbps“. But uploads will not be improved and you’ll have to sign-up to a new 12 month contract in order to benefit.

Rubbish upload as it proved BT FTTC still the fastest upload.

They have always boosted it to 10% of the download. (apart from when we had 768/384 back in the day. Why do you think they won't this time? okay 15 is better than 12 but not as good as 20 agreed

"
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 16:00:21
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

They should have 200/20 instead but they won't do it. Only 152/15 is rather poor upload.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 16:21:30
Print Post

Upload will be not including. Link here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Ho...

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 16:32:20
Print Post

Upload will be not including. Link here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Ho...

Oh well, I don't personally use upload much but I can see how it will upset some.

thanks for the link.

"
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 16:34:16
Print Post

Indeed not. Upgrading the downstream is relatively painless, upstream somewhat more difficult.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 16:34:34
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Yeah, it pretty stupid. As we know virgin media will NEVER gonna to improve upload for the next five years at least!

If BT Openreach (secret plan) to roll out 80/20 FTTC to become 160/20 then I believed many virgin customers will move away from virgin to join BT.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 16:36:30
Print Post

Yeah, it pretty stupid. As we know virgin media will NEVER gonna to improve upload for the next five years at least!

If BT Openreach (secret plan) to roll out 80/20 FTTC to become 160/20 then I believed many virgin customers will move away from virgin to join BT.

On the first paragraph you're wrong, and on the second paragraph you either made it up or have been speaking with some poorly informed field technicians. 160Mb is out of reach on FTTC right now and the required changes would require consultation with service providers via Ofcom.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 11-Nov-13 16:41:59
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Rubbish. Bt can do FTTC up to 160/20 if they want. Yes, if BT want it, they go ahead with it. BT are lip sealed secret.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 11-Nov-13 16:57:56
Print Post

What VDSL2 profile is that using?

Am guessing you are working to profile 30 and allowing for vectoring, or is there some other secret sauce involved?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to