User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Dec-13 13:53:59
Print Post

I'm Livid with VM

[link to this post]

FTTC installed successfully so I called in to terminate my VM broadband. This email I've sent to the CEO office tells what happened next...

Sir,

I have just finished speaking to [remove] of the Sheffield office regarding my termination of your broadband service. He informs me that despite you sending me an email on December 2nd notifying me of a price increase which refers to your termination terms that allow me to cancel within 30 days of notification of this increase your system will still apply a penalty charge of £131.25.

Apparently this is because the original email was sent in error. When I called a few days after receiving it I was not told it was an error. There has been no further communication to say the email was sent in error. The first I hear of this being an error is when I called in today to terminate having had an alternate product installed.

Please intervene to remove this incorrect charge and save me the trouble of having to do so by whatever other means it takes to do so.

I see no reason why I should have to pay for your error.

Regards

Not sure if I will get it back but I'll sure as hell try - first is the CEO office, next id DD guarantee, and last option is small claims court.

Meanwhile of course I will slag them off on as many boards as possible.

Edited by kwikbreaks (Thu 19-Dec-13 14:00:38)

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 19-Dec-13 14:24:05
Print Post

Re: I'm Livid with VM

[re: kwikbreaks] [link to this post]

welcome to the good side, how is your FTTC working so far? and you got above estimate?

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Standard User RepairExpert
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Dec-13 15:23:02
Print Post

Hi Kwikbreaks;

You certainly have a case as you were sent an email advising of a price increase. They can't turn round and say, sorry it was a mistake. You acted in good faith and booked a different ISP. At least that's my opinion.

As a matter of interest, how long were you with VM?

I left them a few months ago to go with BT business Broadband (very reliable and good by the way).

I expected to have a lot of hassle from VM and to be on the phone for ages whilst they tried to convince me to stay, but the whole call was over in a matter of minutes.

They understood I was now going for a BT Business contract and said OK, we'll send you the MAC code. I must say I was a little taken back.

The MAC code arrived a few hours later for me to email it to BT. They said there'll be no termination charge as I was on a rolling contract and had been with them for many years; and what was even more surprising was that a couple of months later a cheque arrived from them for about £7 for money they said was due to me.

We obviously got a different call centre operator!

I do hope you get your problem sorted to your advantage.

Mike.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Dec-13 15:43:17
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Speedtest posted on cableforum. Looks like it's a bit over estimate but of course we have to wait for DLM to be the arbiter of what it ends up at.
Standard User kwikbreaks
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Dec-13 15:46:46
Print Post

[re: RepairExpert] [link to this post]

I was with VM about 3 years. Some of the time it was good, some bad, most indifferent. I had seen some congestion but by coincidence that got fixed just after I ordered FTTC and it was looking quite reasonable. If they hadn't annoyed me with the second increase letter in as many months I'd still be with them and probably reasonably pleased.
Standard User RepairExpert
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Dec-13 16:02:41
Print Post

My time with them saw a very mixed service; regularly went from good to bad and back again.

My main reason for switching was the better speeds offered by BT whilst I was renewing a Business line with them. I went from 3.5 to 4.8 approx overnight when I changed ISP. And now I have a new BT Hub3 I'm on 8Mb.

VM always had a problem at peak times; almost every evening you could see a drop in speed. BT Business doesn't drop at all being on a lower contention.

Let us all know how you get on with VM and the charge.

Mike.

(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Dec-13 16:06:04
Print Post

[re: RepairExpert] [link to this post]

I was on VM cable not ADSL and have moved to Plusnet FTTC.

Just got a call from retentions following the email to CEO Office.

Apparently the price increase notice was correct so there will be no early disconnection charge. As a token of goodwill they are removing the notice period and disconnecting today.
  Print Thread

Jump to