User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Philce
(committed) Fri 28-Feb-14 08:11:54
Print Post

Cancel within 28 days but keep number?

[link to this post]

Basically we have has full services installed and are having problems with picture quality and broadband dropouts.

Engineers have been and say we need a amplifier before the splitter inside the house (3 feeds, Tivo/SH2/V+) due to degrading issues.

We are approx 150 M from cab and already have had a repull to the larger coax.

We have already been through this a few years ago when last on VM and faced exactly the same problems, the amp didnt fix it then and I doubt it will now, I think we are just too far from the cab for all these services. With the free upgrade to 100Mb due later in March I think things will only get worse.

So we are still within the 28 days and seriously considering canceling before the 18 months contract is started.

We can get FTTC and estimates are 68 down and 20 up, but I want to make sure we keep the number we have had for years (originally a BT number).

Anyone with experience of this and how to do it, I know a cancellation will loose the number, but i cant see otherwise how to do it?

Im going to call Virgin, but with past experience I dont want to speak to someone who just applies the cancellation and then Im stuffed!

Cheers
Standard User brandscill
(member) Fri 28-Feb-14 09:36:24
Print Post

Re: Cancel within 28 days but keep number?

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

Is the work to put in an amp going to happen before the 28 days are up?
Standard User Philce
(committed) Fri 28-Feb-14 12:31:23
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Yes 5 days.

I suppose I should give it a try.

Still appreciate any advice re keeping number though.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Fri 28-Feb-14 15:03:04
Print Post

[re: Philce] [link to this post]

I have had virgin twice and BT twice here at the same address, I have always for some reason had the same number. I did cancel VM once within the 28 days. Don't take that as gospel but wanted to mention it. They used the same socket too.

"
Standard User brandscill
(member) Fri 28-Feb-14 17:37:40
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Might as well wait the 5 days and see. You never know.
  Print Thread

Jump to