User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(learned) Tue 11-Mar-14 00:02:58
Print Post

Re: Supercharged!!

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Ok, let's us know how you gent on.

MLM
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Mar-14 00:05:24
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I think u are right that more and more peoples rush and sign up for 152 and network become heavy congestion now and cannot cope with it. But, surely virgin media should LEARN FROM THIS if this ever happen?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/33b23f14892...

plusnetfttc72/17meg virginmediacable152/12meg

Edited by adslmax (Tue 11-Mar-14 00:07:48)

Standard User mlmclaren
(learned) Tue 11-Mar-14 00:53:32
Print Post

Your BQM is pretty stable considering your speed, just to make sure you are testing using Ethernet connection and not wireless.

Normally with congestion the graph would be very spikey and have much more packet loss

MLM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Mar-14 00:56:14
Print Post

I just found out and shocked someone stealing my wifi on superhub 2 as there is no ones using my wireless in my house except me on connected via ethernet as there two wireless to mac address elsewhere on 5GHz and I had disabled it, and suddenly speed return to 160Meg.

Cheeky b*****d whoever stolen my wifi key. Found it under device connection status

Edited by adslmax (Tue 11-Mar-14 01:02:54)

Standard User mlmclaren
(learned) Tue 11-Mar-14 00:58:11
Print Post

Ok, so everything is back to order now then?

MLM
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Mar-14 01:02:07
Print Post

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3361985027 yes it all normal now. Cos two peoples using my wireless that why. Strange as I use very strong wifi security with more than 14 chars with lower, upper, numbers and letters. I will report to virgin media tomorrow.

Very bad security flaw on superhub 2. I turned it off now.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Mar-14 01:09:32
Print Post

I've left and come back many times it's always been 28 days as your starting a new contract. Twice it's been the 28 days and I've just carried on same account just turned on again . You said it was bad before you left if I were you I'd be grateful I can get Fttc and just stick with that.
Standard User mlmclaren
(learned) Tue 11-Mar-14 01:13:55
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Oh yes forgot about that it is 28 days cooling off period

MLM
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Mar-14 01:15:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
It's a joke really. First 7 days I getting 159-161Meg and after 7 days, it crashed down to below 2Meg. I thought Virgin Media should be able to cope with network? What the point of 152Meg supercharged if there is high utilisation in my area? I feel cheated now.

Exactly as it was before. The reason you left for Fttc I believe? Or did they fix it befor you went? I forget
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Mar-14 01:17:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3361985027 yes it all normal now. Cos two peoples using my wireless that why. Strange as I use very strong wifi security with more than 14 chars with lower, upper, numbers and letters. I will report to virgin media tomorrow.

Very bad security flaw on superhub 2. I turned it off now.

Be more worried about what they were doing.. Anything illegal it'll be your door the police kick downs wireless security is the end users problem as are consequences of usage.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to