We need something faster than ADSL 2+ and BT don't have and won't have fibre in our street for some time. The exchange is fibre enabled, but apparently there are problems upgrading the cabinet that serves us.
It seems the only options are:
1) additional ADSL 2+ lines
2) Virgin - they have told me the street is cabled and I can get 50Mbs
Could some kind soul answer the following for me:
1) What is their reliability like? The only people I know with Virgin have their residential service and complain bitterly about reliability and trying to get customer service afterwards.
2) They claim no traffic shaping, Mon-Fri, 8am to 6pm. But we also work Saturdays and sometimes evenings/nights. What is the service likely to be like during these times? The main usage is web browsing and VOIP.
3) Can you only get Virgin media through Virgin, or can you go via other providers?
4) The building is part residential. Ignoring for the moment any breach of T+Cs, is there any advantage is signing up for a residential service rather than the business service?
Should I be asking anything else? The cost is not really important, though I am concerned about signing up for 2 years if they can significantly jack the rate up during that time or significantly change the service provision. I would keep the existing service as a backup.
Thanks in advance.