User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Wed 10-Sep-14 00:12:17
Print Post

2 Subscriptions @ 1 Address?

[link to this post]

Has anybody had any experience with moving services during contract to an address where someone else is already subscribed.

A friend is moving into a shared house and is in contract with Virgin for BB, TV & Phone, But the place he#s moving too already has Virgin Media services installed.

Will Virgin:
A) Install services as well as keeping current subscription active.
B) Cancel contract without Early termination Fee's.
C) Charge Early Termination Fee's for ceasing early.

Thanks in advance!

@networkmclaren - Perfection Junkie
I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
VirginMedia - Speed Test's: TBB | Ookla - BQM's: RS | AAISP | TBB
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-Sep-14 11:57:48
Print Post

Re: 2 Subscriptions @ 1 Address?

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Only one coax cable to each property, so unless flats on the Post Office databases then can only have one service at a time.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User trolleybus
(committed) Wed 10-Sep-14 12:10:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Only one coax cable to each property, so unless flats on the Post Office databases then can only have one service at a time.

So if you want two VM services in one physical property, create additional addresses for other parts of the property!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User foxuk
(learned) Wed 10-Sep-14 12:25:05
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by trolleybus:
So if you want two VM services in one physical property, create additional addresses for other parts of the property!

They absolutely refuse to supply more than one account per address. My elderly father lived with us and wanted the MEGA TV. We tried to get him his own contraxt as it was something we would never use and his finances could have been 'scrutinised' the answer was a definite NO!

Two addresses at the same property equalls two rates bills..... try arguing with the legal section of your local council when it is you who have stated thet there are two properties - low probability but very costly, probably cheaper to pay up than fight with a Lawyer.

If the existing supply at the address is out of contract it should be possible to transfer the 'in contract' to the new address with a little luck.

Try begging and grovelling, but Virgin will always chose the bean counter answer....

Jon
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Thu 11-Sep-14 13:41:13
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I thought that was the case, though my house has 3 active cables sticking up out the ground, but that's the repulls for you.

I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
Standard User mlmclaren
(committed) Thu 11-Sep-14 13:43:06
Print Post

[re: foxuk] [link to this post]

Well looks like I'm leaving it here anyway and will be getting paid for it by other occupier.

Standard User JimKirk363
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 20-Sep-14 00:08:28
Print Post

They used to allow 2 accounts on one address post 2006 when i was living at home i had my own telephone and broadband on my account and then parents had TV and phone on another account.

AMD FX-8320 X8, MSI 990FXA-GD80, 16GB DDR 3 Cosair Vengence 1600Mhz, 9351.1GB Hard Disk Space, 1GB ATI 260x OC PCI-E 16x Graphics, 850watt PSU.

Ex AOL Dialup 56k Customer....
Ex Freedom2Surf 512k and Ex Eclipse Internet 2mb Customer.

Virgin Media 152mb Cable.

Virgin Media R EVIL!!!
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3385183799
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Sep-14 13:56:27
Print Post

[re: JimKirk363] [link to this post]

I had 2 accounts at my old house in 2010. They sent through a way leave agreement and my lodger had his installed also. Then they said it was illegal to their system and shouldn't have been done and so they cancelled my connection as my lodger needed his.
Standard User notinthesticks
(newbie) Sat 27-Sep-14 07:56:58
Print Post

I was unfortunately caught up by Virgin

My daughter was also a customer and leaving her digs in Leeds to move back home. when she tried to cancel she was told of a scandalous cancellation charge. But they said she could take her TV service with her to my home.

Along came the man and drilled a hole and installed cable to her bedroom. Saw that she had brought her Tivo and superhub with her, took them and left a v+ box. So much for taking her TV service with her.

so a massive bill arrived for install of v+ box and m+ service when she had TV. And she got onto customer services and they agreed what should have happened is her service transferred to me.

A contract arrived for me, which I returned, amending references to new service to existing.

Next thing, a new customer number arrived with charge breakdown . I tried to cancel and was told no. I now had two contracts, one address, tv for 1 bedroom on the second contract and stinging costs.

Onto customer services to cancel when the actual bill arrived. No. Right then shall we talk about unfair contract. How can a contract without costs being identified in the first place be fair? Distance selling regulations also allow me to cancel as all this was done over the phone. Do you want to transfer me to a manager please.

So the guy played a blinder. transferred her service to my account. upgraded it to a Tivo and XL. Cancelled the install charge

An extra £4.95 per month for the second Tivo XL service, When originally virgin wanted to charge £14/month for M+, £20 to transfer the account as apparently they had to take out a credit check against me (remember I am an existing customer)

They wanted me to set up a second direct debit etc.

So yes, it is possible.

Two accounts, different people same address
Two accounts, same person, same address.

But be warned. Two accounts cost far more, than all services on one account.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Sep-14 13:43:58
Print Post

[re: notinthesticks] [link to this post]

That's interesting thanks for the update.

I want 2 cable modems so I can bond them together. I am getting tired of FTTC getting slower and slower and it's the same cost per month as my VM 152 service is (£39)

They should be more flexible. WHy give me a high credit limit when I can't use it? They fail to grasp not everyone wants or needs a phone line or TV!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to