User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Wed 26-Nov-14 02:01:53
Print Post

Price Increases (Q4 2014)

[link to this post]

So Virgin Media have announced another round of price increases for Early 2015 (February)

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/nov/21/virgin-...

The Virgin Media website currently shows that Broadband (with & without line rental) is to increase by £2.00 per month,

Line Rental will Increase by £1 to match BT's December rise (£16.99)

TV is also increased by £2 per month.

Looks like I'll be chatting to there cancellations team soon or maybe even there Execs offices.

Regards.

@networkmclaren - Perfection Junkie
I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
VirginMedia Over-Utilized! Fix Delayed Until 18th February 2015
Changed IP and uBR Updated ST and BQM Links Coming Soon.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Nov-14 09:13:59
Print Post

Re: Price Increases (Q4 2014)

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Where are you going to go? Many telcos have increased their prices at least twice in the last year. No big surprise really!

If users want retention deals then something has to give.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Nov-14 09:27:00
Print Post

Just go elsewhere. You're in an area with congestion issues and unhappy with the price rises - these price rises just gave you the opportunity to exit contract early.

Good opportunity.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Wed 26-Nov-14 10:31:50
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
Where are you going to go? Many telcos have increased their prices at least twice in the last year. No big surprise really!

If users want retention deals then something has to give.

I agree that many telcos have increased there pricing but not by £4.50 or £2 on Broadband & TV as well as the £1 increase on Line Rental.

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Just go elsewhere. You're in an area with congestion issues and unhappy with the price rises - these price rises just gave you the opportunity to exit contract early.

Good opportunity.

Well I already have the option to leave when I want due to the Virgin not providing a suitable service (congestion) but I wanted to stay with Virgin s I know how it works, where to go to get stuff done.

Unfortunately it does look like something has to give though, and I have 2 Virgin Media accounts at different address's and was thinking of upgrading and re-contracting (also this address only has access to ADSL)

I'm here to learn and help others using my experiences, not to argue with obnoxious people.
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Fri 28-Nov-14 12:41:32
Print Post

Well I've placed an order for ADSL through Plusnet to replace my Birmingham VM account,

Unfortunately Virgin Media Ltd. have now driven me away from their service even though I've been a customer of there's since the Telewest days I see no alternative than to move my investments elsewhere.

I can no longer recommend there services to anyone as the flexibility and reliability of the service seems to be slipping all the time and when you get an agreement your happy with its broken within a few months or 7-8 weeks in the latest case.

Over the past 18 months my service costs have increased by more than £10 per month and every time I have to call and re-agree a discount to keep it ion line with new customers and get a loyalty discount too. (Example Below)

in Q3 2013 I had a £10 loyalty discount and then by the end of Q4 I received notification of an increase by £7.25 which was £4 more than the increase in pricing over my services,

I called Virgin Media who where very happy to apply the the new revised pricing tiers to my account (as if I was a new customer) and a new discount of £6.25 a month which reverted my subscription price back to before the increases and gave me a £3 loyalty discount and also some freebie to make up for the £3+ missing off my discount.

and then around Q2 2014 Virgin increased pricing again that pushed my discount of £3 down to around 75p so I called again and decided to drop my services down to basic levels and kept the broadband at 152mb and received a 6 month offer (-£5) as no discount could then be applied to the account and asked to call back after the offer to have a new loyalty discount applied.

At the end of Q3 2014 I was making arrangements to move down south and out of mums, I left the Virgin running there and transferred the Direct Debit and before I left changed the package to the Big Easy Bundle and got a discount of £3 applied which I though was a bit weak but it was Virgin's basic package and now 7-8 weeks later that discount has been dropped completely, just as I was planning to add a mobile sim and re-contract with Virgin for a further 12 months.

After chatting with mum and looking at the usage in the household since I've left, I have decided that I can get her a Sim from Three for £10 per month, Broadband for £10 and Basic Line Rental and Calls for around £16 and there's a 12 month offer on the Broadband (though without it it cheaper than Virgin) and Virgin wanted to charge for Freeview TV if we didn't have the TiVo so we'll neither and use the aerial system I installed very professionally and never used.

Now I have to think about my future with Virgin Media Ltd. in the Southern Region of the UK where even the in home support is quiet Poor compared to Birmingham. (and they call brummies ignorant)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Nov-14 00:00:55
Print Post

I think that post is more wordy than my divorce papers were.

It's all good, you're just changing a utility supplier for one you consider to be better value smile
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Sun 30-Nov-14 01:15:51
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Yeah, Sorry about that, Just a tad stressed with Virgin Media currently with one connection cost more than it's worth and another being a complete and utter load of ....

Anyway....

Onwards and upwards...

VirginMedia Over-Utilized! Fix Delayed Until 12/02/15
Standard User kebabselector
(regular) Fri 05-Dec-14 13:13:55
Print Post

As I just joined Virgin I called them about the price increase and the said I wasn't affected. I'm not entirely sure if I believe them or not - I pointed out that it says £28.50 on the website and was accused of getting it wrong.

At this point I'm not sure if I want to carry on with them and might just cancel. I'm still within my first 28 days.

Current on Zen, getting 4876 down - 744 up
Exchange is Fibre enabled, street cab not economically viable to upgrade.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 05-Dec-14 14:41:53
Print Post

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

Price before rise was £26.50 as I think you are talking about Broadband Only 50 Mbps
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/virgin/package/633...

The £28.50 includes the price rise, we updated the packages on 24th November.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Fri 05-Dec-14 15:12:04
Print Post

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

Did you subscribe for 50 Mbps or 100Mbps

The price rise had taken Broadband 50 to £28.50 and Broadband 100 to £33.50?
Its looks from what you have said that your are on the 50 Mbps service.

Regards.

VirginMedia Over-Utilized! Fix Delayed Until 12/02/15
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to