User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Oct-15 14:22:18
Print Post

WiFi Calling?

[link to this post]

Anybody here using Virgin Media's mobile network an if so do you have you sim in a WiFi Calling capable device such as a Lumia 640 or iPhone 5C/S or 6 or above...

Ive tried asking Virgin on twitter and there agent was trying to be a smart [censored] and when made them aware of this and the fact they could potentially missal something and I'm happy to go court I got a response from someone else and now being ignored!

So yeah, If anyone could provide me the latest CEO Dept. address so I can lodge a complaint that would be appreciated too smile

Edited by mlmclaren (Mon 26-Oct-15 14:22:59)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Oct-15 00:36:42
Print Post

Re: WiFi Calling?

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I'm surprised they were a little brusque with you given how polite you were with them. I work in a much higher level of support and am paid far more than those guys but have to admit that despite the level of professionalism I am required to adhere to people who are polite tend to receive a higher level of service on account of the fact I'm a human being, not a robot.

WiFi calling is not supported on Virgin Mobile. They do have the 'Smart Call' app that allows use of a Virgin Media home phone package via an app but not WiFi calling per se.

They were actually quite accurate when they said that if the device supports it you can use it. The Lumia 640 they sell does not support it as it requires specific firmware which is not present on their version of the device. They do not advertise this feature on the website.

This is the reason why Three also do not support it - it's not enabled in the firmware. The network operator pushes an OTA firmware update to enable it on devices and provisions them.

I imagine ZR, being a human being like everyone else manning support services, is unlikely to work 8am - 10pm without breaks. So they may have simply been done for the day or been taking lunch.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Oct-15 00:45:27
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

As far as I'm aware the only network that supports WiFi calling is EE directly. Honestly though I think it's best to use 1 bar of 3G vs WiFi calling, it has caused me nothing but a headache and I turned it off in the end.

Virgin Mobile do not support it, so no point complaining to the head office etc they wont be able to "fix" anything.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 27-Oct-15 01:11:07
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Sure, I could of been a little bit more polite but consider how sick I am of running around in circles trying to get information when it should be the other way round.

I obviously tried other methods of getting the info besides Twitter, But seems not many no how to do there job these days... whether thats there fault or there managements fault is regardless...

I'm not going to sit back relax and just give in... too many are doing that and thats why we have so many issues today....

At the end of the day I asked a simple question and it was not answered... why ask what phone its for if the network doesn't support it anyway....

I didn't ask if a device supported it, I asked if the network did... I don't care if EE does... or if the phone is blue, black or gold... I ask a question, I expect an answer and not a fecking interview!
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 27-Oct-15 09:24:01
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I'm happy with wifi calling, it works smoothly on my iPhone 6 on EE. I understand Vodafone have also recently launched wifi calling.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business Fibre 79999/20000 kbps