User comments on ISPs
  >> Virgin Media (Cable)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User theneb
(learned) Tue 27-Oct-15 09:55:45
Print Post

Business vs Residental

[link to this post]

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences / specifications of the difference between the two service offerings?
I work from home and could do with a bit of a better connection. Is the connection provided by the business team any different from the residental or is it just more expensive?

I am hoping that the contention ratio is a lot lower, however I can't seem to find any reference to this anywhere.

Using Zen Home with Speedtouch 510 v4
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 27-Oct-15 11:04:44
Print Post

Re: Business vs Residental

[re: theneb] [link to this post]

Depends on which Virgin Media Business packages you are talking about, they range from pretty much the same as consumer with VAT invoicing through to dedicated 1:1 contention leased lines, i.e. the more you pay the bigger slice of the pie becomes yours.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Oct-15 14:42:45
Print Post

Re: Business vs Residental

[re: theneb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by theneb:
I am hoping that the contention ratio is a lot lower, however I can't seem to find any reference to this anywhere.

The contention ratio on the business broadband service is no different from the residential service.

The only differences are the higher level support and faster response times.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to